Should Barca keep Tito?

Should Barca keep Tito?

• No

Votes: 59 49.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 60 50.4%

• Total voters
I respect Tito for winning a title while undergoing treatment for his illness, but we should move for a better manager should people like Klopp or Heynckes be on our radar.

0n0mat0p0eia

This is my opinion; for what its worth.

Barca will probably keep him on due to the perceived negative press that we will get if we sack him.

Pep got the Barca job and excelled at it, he appointed Tito as his assistant. Nowhere does it say that Tito should/will be a success; he has not been.

He should step aside - paid by the club - until such times as he is 100% fit to resume the job. Pep was fit and left due to stresses of the job etc., so how on earth can a cancer sufferer in remission stand up to the strains involved.

Barca should take on a coach under a rolling contract, either until Tito is fit to return, or - if Tito is not to return - until a permanent coach/manager can be found.

Someone like Heynkes who has the experience - both in La Liga and the CL - would be ideal. He might just see working at Barca for a year or two just too good to turn down.

I think that with his illness, his lack of rotation/giving youth minutes on the pitch, his poor decision making and inertia - especially when 4-0 down to Bayern - that Tito is (unfortunately) not up to the required quality in a Barca manager...and it pains me to say that.

I think him stepping down would be best for all parties. We need a better coach (unless Tito improves, which could happen, but we shouldn't take that chance), and he needs to take a break.

Barca8

So unbelievably fickle. I wonder what everyone were saying before he left for treatment.

If anyone made any judgement on Tito before he left for treatment, that would also have been a premature assumption. We did well and we hadn't played very many tough games (except RM or Celtic?). The season is over and we've seen what kind of manager Tito is. I don't think he's fit for Barcelona at all. Just because he was Pep's assistant doesn't mean he has the qualities to be the sole leader of the team.
He may have won the league but with our squad anything less than La Liga would be beyond ridiculous. I certainly don't want Barca to have a firing image like Chelsea, ManCity, RM etc but he should just step down.

Sadly he won't and even if we have money for a CB he'll just tell them to "save it" :tito:

Superfly

Banned
So unbelievably fickle. I wonder what everyone were saying before he left for treatment.

Agreed, so many melodramatic people on this forum. I'd at least give the man another season, he's done a decent job for his first in my opinion. Too many people are spoiled because of Guardiola.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
No, we should not keep him. I'm happy about the Liga title and I'm sorry he was/is sick - but no, just no. And please, take Pedro with you Tito on the way out...

Irish_Cules

It's a bit sick of people here to say that he isn't well enough to continue as coach. If Tito wasn't healthy enough to continue as manager next season then him, his family, his doctors and the club would make it so that he doesn't continue. He is recovering well and hopefully after a summers rest he will be ready to go for next season. Some people here are just looking for any excuse for Tito to leave and are pathetically using his cancer against him. It wouldn't surprise me if deep down a few people here wanted Tito's condition to take a temporary turn for the worse so that he would step down and then make a full recovery after he resigned as coach.

Home of Barca Fans