Should Barca keep Tito?

• No

Votes: 59 49.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 60 50.4%

• Total voters
R

rivaldo10

the problem i have with tito is that he dont see the probelms in the team or cant change them

pep knew that we had problems and maybe wanted to change them but then he left

Last edited:

Keikoku

Cabbage
the problem i have with tito is that he dont see the probelms in the team or cant change them

pep knew that we had problems and maybe wanted to change them but then he left

Maybe he look at the problems from another point of view. He is the manager, he know the team better than us I think as he work with them daily.
We are just see from outside, maybe how it look from inside is different than what we saw.

Well, Pep is left, we are where we are now. Lets give Tito a time, but if he isnt change or learn, then he should be fired ASAP. :D

Garrus

Actually you're free to bring up results of games to support your argument. I am interested in hearing what you've got to say

Well I've seen all the games this season and in previous seasons. The 90 minutes part is definitely about how I 'feel' retrospectively. You don't have to remember every game to have a rough idea of how the season went about. The only way to remember every game would be to use stats (like I've done after) but not many people like it on this forum.

But your argument about this season being a typical season for any typical winning team is an over-generalization in my opinion. The team is much more dependent on key players for creating any chances of note and for being in the right positions to take advantage of those chances. The manner in which we create chances is a bit 1-dimensional too. In earlier seasons, possession used to be a way to protect our defence, while nowadays the system that we adopt to maintain possession is actually leaving us more exposed.

Do you not agree who they rated as top though? The only player I would disagree with is Fabregas instead of Busquets this season. Busquets was actually quite high up earlier in the season but his recent poor form meant he dropped down.
I visited whoscored for the first time just for the fun of it, This season there are 4 barcelona players ranked between 27-30, With a rating between 7.17-7.19, Do you know how much they're far away from featuring in the top 20?, 0.06!!, 0.06 made the difference in your eyes from this season being a team performance, To an individual one, 0.06!!!, Stats in general have it's uses and fun, But to use it in this manner to judge a whole season performance is just very very wrong.
Anyway, I think fabregas has been better in the league, And was instrumental in the first half.

footyfan

Calma, calma
@Garrus:

Stats are very useful when you have a large dataset (like a football season) and it is hard to remember everything qualitatively. Stats are not an argument themselves. They can just be used as evidence to support an argument. I'm not judging my entire opinion on the two seasons based on whoscored stats. I'm using them to provide evidence to my own opinion which I've already talked about.

On the pitch, I can see every week that not only is the team looking lost more often but it's also increasingly looking towards only two players to solve that problem. The decisive actions are becoming more concentrated (sure that approach has its own merit when you have a player like Messi who is probably one of the most consistent ever) but putting all your eggs in one basket is still a risky approach nonetheless. What's more important is that the best teams are getting better at figuring Messi out, however great he is, and the team doesn't have any solutions to cope with that issue.

This season there are 4 barcelona players ranked between 27-30, With a rating between 7.17-7.19

Actually I did know about that. I just didn't talk about it for a couple of reasons:

(1) 2 of the players don't have as many games played as others. Look at Tello and Adriano with only 10 starts and 15 starts respectively. Less datapoints = not as strong data.

(2) Compare the absolute difference in ratings of 2012/13 from 2010/11 :

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/20...6652/PlayerStatistics/Spain-La-Liga-2012-2013
http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/20...4624/PlayerStatistics/Spain-La-Liga-2010-2011

The 7th best Barca player in 2010/11 has a much higher absolute rating than the 4th best Barca player from this season. Just also check how Messi is the only player who managed to maintain his absolute rating. Most importantly compare within our own players and how the gap in ratings is increasing.

(3) In 2010/11, all 7 players played different positions and all were first team starters. That means, on average, a big part of our first team (i.e players on the pitch) consistently played very well throughout the season.
While in 2012/13, Xavi, Iniesta, Fab rotate each other - Adriano and Tello are not regulars either. That means, on average, we have less of those high-rated players on the pitch at any given time.

I did not want to go into a long discussion about my reasoning that's why I kept it to myself.

spark

Why are you even quibbling about "individual brilliance" in the first place. The dream team won leagues on the last day twice. We dont have the luxury of have 32 league titles so when we inch a little closer to within ten titles of RM especially if we win with potentially 102 points, a new record, its beyond ridiculous to moan about it. At this rate Cruyff should only feel good about 2 out of his 4 league titles. That champions league final in Paris is pretty worthless because we it was a come from behind win. The first ever one we won is meh because it was a freekick in extra time.:shakeshead:

jairzinho

Tito needs to go and take a sabbatical, especially after today and of course recovering from cancer an all. He needs a break.

Cule4life

The Culest
I think Tito is too close to the Pep-era players to make harsh decisions like benching the likes of Pedro etc. Or he doesnt have the guts of Pep

Tito is one dimensional. We havent seen any tweaks (apart from Milan game) of the Pep era like the role of Seydou Keita or playing Cuenca/Tello over Pedro/Alexis.

Tito doesnt have the motivational skills of Pep, Heynckes or Klopp. Look at him in the Bayern game standing like a statue not spurring on our players. If its due to cancer it doesnt make a case for him to say either. Our team doesnt look hungry or motivated which is main reason of our lack of pressing and the buck for this stops with the manager. Maybe the players know him too well.

And please stop this BS about Tito being the only one who can further our philosophy. I bey Heynckes knows more about it than Tito. We need some changes and new ideas in our philosophy as it has outlived its uniqueness. I cant see Tito coming up with new ideas. He will always count on Messi to bail him out. A guy like Heynckes or Klopp would be perfect.

And yes us winning the league=Messi in GOAT mode+Real Madrid's implosion. Apart from the Milan game we were shit in every big game. Scoring 5 vs a poor Bilbao side vs being thrashed by Madrid are two wholly different things. Any big team needs only do one thing against Tito's team. Mark out Messi with 3-4 players and you're all set.

-->Everybody said Tito was the mastermind behind Pep's team.
-->A guy who chooses the same 11 players and same formation regardless of form. A guy who waits for your team to be four goals down and for 83 minutes to pass before making a change. A guy who prefers playing a half fit Messi than Fabregas
-->Pick one

If Tito stays i wouldnt be surprised if we have a trophy less season even if Hummels, NeyGOAT or even Falcao comes. Our system is broken and Tito is not the person to fix it.

Sasuke85

Tito should go. Even if we are reinforced with Neymar, Isco and Thiago Silva next season, with Tito still in the team, I don't think we can be any better.

Laporta was right when he said that replacing Pep with Tito is a mistake. We need a new coach who is more experienced and both physically and mentally stronger than him. IMO Pellegrini is a very good candidate.

Let's hope for big changes in the next few months.

aaron101

Please let Tito go for the sake of the team, club, and his family. That's the best thing for both parties.

He's not really capable. He never convinced me that he's the right choice for Barca.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
YES: We should keep Tito.

Atleast give him another season before making any judgements!

P

PhilS

Tito was a lot better when he was with the team in the first half than he was when he was away so much in the second half. Roura did convince me that he is not qualifed to be in change for so many games.

Although I have lost confidence in Tito, because this is Barca, the team will let him finish out his contract. Tito is OK, just not good enough for a team of this caliber. Let's see if he can accomplosh what is needed this summer, including moving out some of the existing squad.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I have lost a lot of respect for Tito after the first leg against Bayern. I just can't understand who in his right mind could not be bothered to make any changes when he sees his team is getting pounded for the whole game, just stay indifferent at the sideline, only to make a stupid and useless change when the game is already sealed by a large margin. But he deserves another season and I give him that chance. It was a weird season afterall. Not many clubs that I know have had their head coach "injured" as well. Don't forget many injuries that Messi and the defence had as well in that crucial period of the season. So no, Tito should stay.

I have lost a lot of respect for Tito after the first leg against Bayern. I just can't understand who in his right mind could not be bothered to make any changes when he sees his team is getting pounded for the whole game, just stay indifferent at the sideline, only to make a stupid and useless change when the game is already sealed by a large margin. But he deserves another season and I give him that chance. It was a weird season afterall. Not many clubs that I know have had their head coach "injured" as well. Don't forget many injuries that Messi and the defence had as well in that crucial period of the season. So no, Tito should stay.

Tito shouldn't have overplayed them, a good bit of that is his fault. Especially Messi, he shouldn't have played 90 minutes against a fucking relegation zone team right after the Bolivia game.

Home of Barca Fans