Should Barca keep Tito?

• No

Votes: 59 49.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 60 50.4%

• Total voters
F

Flavia

i dont diss the players but the last year real madrid would be on top of the league

Their team didn't change much, did it? Saying Barça won the league because rm is bad is taking away the merits of the team, and this is unfair. Barça won the league on its own merits. Or did Barça "let" rm win the previous liga as well? The team was bad on some away games, but still won the head-to-head against rm last season. I don't remember seeing a rm fan saying it was Barça who gave them the league.

We have needed individual brilliance (i.e. from Messi) to bail us out in the league at times. Like I've said before, we've been shit in big games, particularly in terms of tactics and motivation, the Bayern game being a perfect example. I mean, Sanchez over Villa (meaning that once again, we only have 1 player who can score)? No subs until we're 4-0 down? Seriously?

Like I've said before though, I may be judging Tito too harshly, given his condition and all. I still think it's best if we get a new coach though.

Their team didn't change much, did it? Saying Barça won the league because rm is bad is taking away the merits of the team, and this is unfair. Barça won the league on its own merits. Or did Barça "let" rm win the previous liga as well? The team was bad on some away games, but still won the head-to-head against rm last season. I don't remember seeing a rm fan saying it was Barça who gave them the league.

IMO, we won the league because we have some amazing players (i.e. Iniesta and especially Messi). After all, we have had individual brilliance save our asses quite a few times (i.e. Adriano against Atletico and especially Valencia, and Messi on numerous occasions). We didn't win it because RM sucked, and we did win it on our own merits. However, us winning the league was more due to our players, Messi in particular, than Tito (not saying Tito had no part in it at all, just that it was due more to the players). My opinion, at least.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

IMO, we won the league because we have some amazing players (i.e. Iniesta and especially Messi). After all, we have had individual brilliance save our asses quite a few times (i.e. Adriano against Atletico and especially Valencia, Messi on numerous occasions). We didn't win it because RM sucked, and we did win it on our own merits. However, us winning the league was more due to our players, Messi in particular, than Tito (not saying Tito had no part in it at all, just that it was due more to the players). My opinion, at least.

On the 1st half of the season, there were tricky away games that were just won after Tito made changes on the team. That happened more than once. But people have short memories, and you're only as good as your last game, coaches included.

That's why I still don't understand why he didn't do something sooner against bayern, as he has done this before.

footyfan

Calma, calma
This season for me has always been about individual brilliance. Very few team performances stand out (Rayo, Celta, Bilbao, Atletico, Osasuna, Espanyol, Malaga, Getafe). In the other games, we either lost/were mediocre, or were lucky to win or had Messi/Iniesta bail us out of a bad performance by the team.

On the 1st half of the season, there were tricky away games that were just won after Tito made changes on the team. That happened more than once. But people have short memories, and you're only as good as your last game, coaches included.

I can recall the Osasuna away game.

Last edited:
This season for me has always been about individual brilliance. Very few team performances stand out (Rayo, Celta, Bilbao, Atletico, Osasuna, Espanyol, Malaga, Getafe). In the other games, we either lost/were mediocre, or were lucky to win or had Messi/Iniesta bail us out of a bad performance by the team.

Don't forget the Milan game. But yeah, we have needed individual brilliance quite a bit.

Garrus

This season]for me has always been about individual brilliance. Very few team performances stand out (Rayo, Celta, Bilbao, Atletico, Osasuna, Espanyol, Malaga, Getafe). In the other games, we either lost/were mediocre, or were lucky to win or had Messi/Iniesta bail us out of a bad performance by the team.
What you just described is a typical description of a league performance by any decent team, There are games where they annihilate opponents, Some games mediocre and someone ends bailing them out, And sometimes it's not enough and you lose points.
This exact description can be also used when pep was here since i don't remember all of games were 'masterpieces' of team work, This can also Can be applied to RM last season, Or any season, In fact it can be applied to any decent team, At any league Anywhere where in the world and at any period of time in history.
I always found it mind boggling how some cules undermine their own team success.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
You are deluded if you think this description would have been accurate for the 2008-2011 seasons. I'm not talking just about the result, but about the play during the 90 minutes too.

RM last season? ROFL. You clearly don't watch them. They might have had max 3-4 games where an individual performance saved them. Of which the one that stands out the most is Ronaldo vs Atletico away.

D

Don_Andrés

Sounds a lot like Man Utd & Van Persie, if truth be told.

Sevilla away was a really good comeback performance, Barca finishing the game with a 3-2-2-3 formation, I think.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Also, I understand the contempt that this forum holds towards stats and analysis. But in 2010/11, Barca had 7 players in the top 20 on whoscored ratings (Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Busquets, Villa, Pedro), in 2011/12 Madrid also had 7 players in the top 20 (Ronaldo, Alonso, Benzema, Ozil, Marcelo, Higuain, Di Maria), while this season Barca have 3 - Messi, Iniesta and Fabregas.

You can't possibly put that down to co-incidence or illogical analysis.

Garrus

You are deluded if you think this description would have been accurate for the 2008-2011 seasons. I'm not talking just about the result, but about the play during the 90 minutes too.

RM last season? ROFL. You clearly don't watch them. They might have had max 3-4 games where an individual performance saved them. Of which the one that stands out the most is Ronaldo vs Atletico away.
Since you declared it's not about results, Now i can't bring up the results of any games to support my argument, And it's pretty impossible to prove you wrong, How convenient is that.
But i got to say, I'm very interested on your the accurate and scientific way of judging team's performances in whole 90 minutes in all games, I seriously hope it doesn't involve 'look' or 'feel'.

P.S: As it turned out, It was whoscored top 20, I rest my case.

Last edited:
R

rivaldo10

last year without messi we would be 6th in the league

i dont know how it is this year but i think its similar to last season and it showed big time against psg and bayern that without him we are not a team that works

and i dont think it changes when tito will be there next season and i dont get it why people want to give him another year

footyfan

Calma, calma
Since you declared it's not about results, Now i can't bring up the results of any games to support my argument, And it's pretty impossible to prove you wrong, How convenient is that.

Actually you're free to bring up results of games to support your argument. I am interested in hearing what you've got to say

But i got to say, I'm very interested on your the accurate and scientific way of judging team's performances in whole 90 minutes in all games, I seriously hope it doesn't involve 'look' or 'feel'.

Well I've seen all the games this season and in previous seasons. The 90 minutes part is definitely about how I 'feel' retrospectively. You don't have to remember every game to have a rough idea of how the season went about. The only way to remember every game would be to use stats (like I've done after) but not many people like it on this forum.

But your argument about this season being a typical season for any typical winning team is an over-generalization in my opinion. The team is much more dependent on key players for creating any chances of note and for being in the right positions to take advantage of those chances. The manner in which we create chances is a bit 1-dimensional too. In earlier seasons, possession used to be a way to protect our defence, while nowadays the system that we adopt to maintain possession is actually leaving us more exposed.

P.S: As it turned out, It was whoscored top 20, I rest my case.

Do you not agree who they rated as top though? The only player I would disagree with is Fabregas instead of Busquets this season. Busquets was actually quite high up earlier in the season but his recent poor form meant he dropped down.

Last edited:

Keikoku

Cabbage
last year without messi we would be 6th in the league

i dont know how it is this year but i think its similar to last season and it showed big time against psg and bayern that without him we are not a team that works

and i dont think it changes when tito will be there next season and i dont get it why people want to give him another year

Well, we all can learn from mistakes so why Tito cant?
Punish him because we lost from Bayern isn't feel right, if it was because match vs Madrid more make a sense for me :lol:
Too early to say he will not learn from his earlier experience, like defeat from Madrid, Milan and etc.

I'm so upset about how he isn't react when we're down 2 goals. Since Tito become our manager our team defence is struggle alot times, the way we won is to outscore our opponents in earlier liga. Personally for me, I think this is the 2nd time Tito proved he isn't have good enough reaction that needed to be a manager. When we lost 3-1 vs Madrid he sub Cesc too way late when the game is can be counted as over for us.

Home of Barca Fans