Should we sign Neymar this summer?

Sign Neymar this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kostasgtc

Even if we had CB covered I would say no, because we have too many forwards. Let's put a youngster on loan or see what happens with players like Villa before we buy another.

Rather wait until 2014. Neymar is still only 20 years old.

totally agree

Guardian

Neymar is not only a talented player, he's an extraordinary talented and the biggest name in South America right now. I'd sign him because I'm curious to see Messi, the best Argentinian, best player in Europe, with the best Brazilian in one team. Plus you can expect big part of the money given for Neymar to return with different sponsorship deals, TV rights and merchandising. I don't want to see him ending in Madrid, Paris or Manchester
You always can find good defender for free, or for less than 5-10M euro. In January I'd go for Diego Lugano on loan, who is not needed at PSG. Tito should have signed Botia, but I couldn't understand Barca's transfer policy

UberNjufer

biggest name is not a virtue i would look for when bringing new players,especially if that big name costs 60mil.I just love how you think we should play some money saving game with buying a proper defender which eventually cost us winning any major titles last year but you would splash crazy amount on a forward for which we are already well covered.

Guardian

biggest name is not a virtue i would look for when bringing new players,especially if that big name costs 60mil.I just love how you think we should play some money saving game with buying a proper defender which eventually cost us winning any major titles last year but you would splash crazy amount on a forward for which we are already well covered.

No, I would. It's exactly the way of thinking that leads to poor management. You better sign one certain quality player than 5 who are not proven. Otherwise you better stick with what you have in the academy. The managerial staff seriously should think twice next time when they waste 25M on Chygrinskiy, or nearly 17M on Caceres, or 10+ on Henrique or other sort of not proven players. Botia comes out to be better than all of them in the end. The only defenders that are worth the big money you're talking about are Kompany, Maicon from Porto and maybe Hummels, but the only realistic target right now is Maicon.
Plus I really think that the team should off-load Mascherano and Villa. And Alexis if Neymar is coming.

kostasgtc

. The managerial staff seriously should think twice next time when they waste 25M on Chygrinskiy, or nearly 17M on Caceres, or 10+ on Henrique or other sort of not proven players.

what about the 70 M about ibra if u know what i mean

P

PhilS

Where there is smoke there is fire, Neymar is coming. Santos can't forego all that money, so the move will be next summer. I don't think it will be 50 million. More.

There are a lot of players on the roster and at La Masia who can play on the wing. They will not all remain on the team after Neymar arrives. This will help pay the transfer fee.

P

PhilS

Plus I really think that the team should off-load Mascherano

Masch is not going anywhere. You can tell by his minutes the last couple years how much the team values him. When both Pique and Puyol are back, the question will be which of them will play beside Masch.

raskolnikov

I still think 40+ mil for a player with a one year contract is too much, even if its a big talent like Neymar.
People should just deal with him coming though cause it seems pretty certain.
I wonder who will leave though, villa or alexis?
Neymar might do really well for Barca but his attitude is a problem, it seems to be like that of adriano and romario while he is brought over with the same expectations people had of Robinho when he came to Europe.

Home of Barca Fans