Should we sign Neymar this summer?

Sign Neymar this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
All signs point to Summer 2013 for the circus to come to town...I hope he buys into the concept, works on his game, gets stronger and elevates this team to perhaps even greater heights

Paganinisrvnge

I wish I could vote on this poll again. Spend the money supposedly for Neymar on Hummels! The attack will be fine with Messi, Pedro, Tello, Cuenca, one of Alexis/Villa, and Deulofeu.

impeh

Hi, its me..
id like to as it looks like Villa is on his way out, but we've needed a decent CB for 2/3 years now :lol:

not that we'll buy one

kostasgtc

the budget for next summer anounced to be 50m.now more than ever i believe its almost insane to spent the 40 of them for neymar considering the problem we deal with the defence this whole season.it just doesnt fit.

Antimadridista1

the budget for next summer anounced to be 50m.now more than ever i believe its almost insane to spent the 40 of them for neymar considering the problem we deal with the defence this whole season.it just doesnt fit.

We'll sell players like Valdes, Villa, Alexis, Bojan, Affelay, Cuenca etc who'll bring us more money.
But seriously, I think that 40m is too much for Neymar... I would give 30 or 35m ... The positif point is that the club will make a lot of money looking to how popular is Neymar.
Anyway, we'll what happen this summer.

Gilberto

This is difficult. Of course, Neymar is talented. But it's a very big risk, as he might not be worth anything. On the other hand, he might become a crucial part of the selection. In my opinion a CB and a goalie are the 2 most important players to get and Neymar should only be bought for a reasonable price, like 20M. I think Tello and Deulofeu have the potential to become as good as neymar, if not better.

Antimadridista1

barcastuff

Rodrigues (vice-president Santos): "We know Barcelona are interested in Neymar. His father told me other clubs are interested too." [lx]

Rodrigues (vice-president Santos): "Barça would be a good club for Neymar if he leaves. We want him to renew, but know it will be difficult"

Arachnid

To quote the movie Moneyball: "Okay, people who run ball clubs, they think in terms of buying players. Your goal shouldn't be to buy players. Your goal should be to buy wins and in order to buy wins, you need to buy your run."

There's no doubt that Neymar is a superb player. The problem I have is not his quality, but whether we actually need him. Lately he's been playing in a central role, and that won't happen as long as Messi is fit.

He would go back to the wing, supposedly, but maybe we don't need more attack in there, since actually we use two full-on attacking fullbacks. This is why Pedro or Alexis are in front of Tello in the pecking order, as amazing Tello is when attacking, he hasn't got the work rate to cover for our often missing full backs. Wouldn't Neymar be a more talented, but also infinitely more costly Tello, who wouldn't play either?

What would that mean for Alba, if he's not allowed to move forward as often, so he doesn't clash with Neymar? Because that's losing half of Alba's talent, right there.

Faceless

No more faces at night
I definitely disagree on buying Neymar. We need defenses. Focus on the team's problem instead of boosting on our advantages...

D

Don_Andrés

No. A definite no. The defence is the priority for next season.

D

Don_Andrés

Isn't better for him to stay in Brazil until the 2014 WC has finished? It make very little sense for him to move club (Barcelona or whoever) prior to the World Cup. Settling in, language problems etc etc.

kostasgtc

if perez pays 40 m to barca for neymar i feel champagnes will be opened in rossels and speciallly titos offices.
do that florentino and we will be eternally thank u.:worthy:

Home of Barca Fans