Should we sign Neymar this summer?

Sign Neymar this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
P

PhilS

I still think 40+ mil for a player with a one year contract is too much, even if its a big talent like Neymar.
People should just deal with him coming though cause it seems pretty certain.
I wonder who will leave though, villa or alexis?

He will sign for several years, not just the one year remaining on his current contract. At least two forwards will leave, I think the ones most likely to stay (besides the obvious one) are Pedro and Tello.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, Masch has seen better days but he's not going anywhere anytime soon - that's pretty safe to say

Trickykid

Masch can't be the focal point of our defense, but paired with Pique he's brilliant, as we saw last season. It makes me mad as hell (not surprised though anymore, sadly) that some people in here want him gone on the basis of the beginning of this season, where his supposed partners have all been injured for lenghty periods.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Masch has the right temperament and intensity for a central defender at Barça - unfortunately, he's a midfielder who can't really play there for this team

We need a player like Javier and even realizing he's not ideal, I wouldn't want to see this defense without him for any length of time

UberNjufer

Masch can't be the focal point of our defense, but paired with Pique he's brilliant, as we saw last season. It makes me mad as hell (not surprised though anymore, sadly) that some people in here want him gone on the basis of the beginning of this season, where his supposed partners have all been injured for lenghty periods.
i dont want him to leave the club but i do want him out of the back line.He would still be a usefull player and could jump in both defence and midfield.

JackaL

I'd love to see a decent analysis on why Neymar should join us or why he should stay where he is. Mostly we just see either fanboys telling he's the best or the ones not wanting him, but not any real arguments.

Any volunteers? You could use a SWOT framework :party1:

89Norcal

Masch is not going anywhere. You can tell by his minutes the last couple years how much the team values him. When both Pique and Puyol are back, the question will be which of them will play beside Masch.

The reason Mascherano won't leave in the near future is because we stuck an absurd buyout clause on him - £100m. Ridiculous for a player we didn't really need or need to protect so strongly against buyers. If things got catastrophic enough Barca might be able to sell him for much, much lower than that figure. For obvious reasons they are stuck with him now since we were silly enough to shun requirements in our back line.

I still think 40+ mil for a player with a one year contract is too much, even if its a big talent like Neymar.
People should just deal with him coming though cause it seems pretty certain.
I wonder who will leave though, villa or alexis?
Neymar might do really well for Barca but his attitude is a problem, it seems to be like that of adriano and romario while he is brought over with the same expectations people had of Robinho when he came to Europe.

If Neymar continues to improve, 40mil euros isn't that bad when you consider the massive marketing potential he has. You're right about his discipline, but he's nowhere near as bad as Adriano (is anyone? lol). Question is does Tito want to risk it? When Barca were struggling in 00-03, Rijkaard and Barca gambled on Ronaldinho as Barca had little to lose and they profited vastly from it. Idk if Pep was ever quoted as considering a swoop for Neymar but my guess it he wasn't. Pep was strict on keeping players focused. When he first joined Barca, he personally steered Messi away from the self-sabotage that Ronaldinho fell into.

Trickykid

The reason Mascherano won't leave in the near future is because we stuck an absurd buyout clause on him - £100m. Ridiculous for a player we didn't really need or need to protect so strongly against buyers. If things got catastrophic enough Barca might be able to sell him for much, much lower than that figure. For obvious reasons they are stuck with him now since we were silly enough to shun requirements in our back line.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what on earth you're on about regarding that buyout clause. In any case, you're wrong. The reason Masch won't leave in the near furture, is because he's a valued member of the squad. It has fuck all to do with any buyout clause.
Even when/if we sign a true cb next summer, Masch will still be here for a long time after.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
How about Neymar AND a CB and ditch Sanchez

How about you STFU
tumblr_lvi3ap4UGm1r0t6cao6_250.gif

A

Athletic

How about you STFU
tumblr_lvi3ap4UGm1r0t6cao6_250.gif
Sanchez has a whole year left to proof himself. I don't like the guy obviously, but he works hard and if he cuts out on the diving I wouldn't mind him staying at all.

Neymar is exciting to watch and I'd love to see him play in one of my favorite clubs. I know it may seem like I have an agenda against Sanchez like some people have with Cesc, but a part from the few taunts towards Estranged this isn't true :(

kostasgtc

'all players will be judjed in the end off the season'.titos words.
sometimes we must listen what the coaches saying and not rushing to draw conclusions

Home of Barca Fans