Spain

soul24rage

I think Laporte will start alongside Le Normand.

Also think Pedro Porro should have been called up ahead of Navas. Although Navas could also be one of the players who won't make the final squad (alongside Ayoze and probably but hopefully not Fermin) and Llorente will be used as a RB. Nacho can play there too.

Other than that a solid and deep squad but they obviously miss a good #9. Really a shame Ansu's career is ruined by injuries, would be so much fun to see him playing alongside Nico and Yamal.
Agreed, Porro should have been called up. He improved a lot at Spurs.

Also feel that Pau Torres should have been called up as well ahead of Laporte, but I'm sure he'll get his chances in the World Cup.

Porque

Decisions like Laporte or Pau Torres (I agree Torres deserved to go though), or Porro are not really deal breakers for this Spain squad. The talent just isn't there compared to England or France.

Dissapointing for the individuals to miss out though after good seasons in top leagues.

And if you look at the u17 team, things won't be changing quickly as they lost three for three against Portugal, France and England. This, the supposed next Golden Generation of LaMasia with 7 Barcelona players in the squad, albeit missing Cubarsi and Lamine.

Quarter finals and see what happens would be a good run for Spain.

jamrock

Decisions like Laporte or Pau Torres (I agree Torres deserved to go though), or Porro are not really deal breakers for this Spain squad. The talent just isn't there compared to England or France.

Dissapointing for the individuals to miss out though after good seasons in top leagues.

And if you look at the u17 team, things won't be changing quickly as they lost three for three against Portugal, France and England. This, the supposed next Golden Generation of LaMasia with 7 Barcelona players in the squad, albeit missing Cubarsi and Lamine.

Spain U-17 team was hot 💩, they played well in the first half vs England but couldn't finish.

Also played a lot more physically developed players compared to previous years but it didn't make a difference.

Porque

Spain U-17 team was hot 💩, they played well in the first half vs England but couldn't finish.

Also played a lot more physically developed players compared to previous years but it didn't make a difference.

I did like our player Farre in defense though, and the Levante boy Sangare who we have been linked with (though at RB and not LB).

I think they could both reasonably start for the B team next season since there is a gap at RB, and Faye has surpassed the level at CB thus opening another gap.

Andresito

Staff member
Would think picking Navas was just a homage to then leave him out of the final squad. But the fact is that he's been part of the recent squads. Maybe de la Fuente values his experience in a squad that otherwise lacks a lot of it. Morata is top with 71, then Navas 51, Rodri 49, Carvajal 43, Ferran 40.

Also believe Olmo will get plenty of game time rotating with Pedri or Nico.
Cubarsi might not play a single minute.

It's not too bad of a squad really, but their offense would probably be more lethal in 2-4 years.

Messi983

Wouldn't make too much out of this. Maybe this team just need more time to develop and they will do much better at U19 Euro or U20 WC in few years.

also, success at youth level doesn't always translate into senior football. Spain last won U17 Euro in 2017 and the best player of that group today is our beloved Ferran. OTOH England who they beat in that final had Foden who is elite now, Guehi is good too but CHO and Sancho's career have not gone the way most people expected since then.

Messi983

Cubarsi, Pedri and Ferran starting against Andorra in 40 minutes.

Pretty much a B team except Pedri and Morata.

GPVBIOLXYAAo4k2

Loki

I admit, I didn't trust Fermin to make it after watching his first games, but he proved me wrong. Xavi has an excellent eye for talent. The club was blind as well, loaned him to Linares and wanted to sell him to a polish club for €600k. Thanks to Xavi, we got a midfielder who can actually score goals for free.

Messi983

MD poll on which three players should be discarded...

666166b379da0.jpeg

666166fc2bbff.jpeg

666167406951b.jpeg

Pretty expected results for defense but I'm not sure if decision between Vivian and Cubarsi is really that clear in De La Fuente's mind.

Aleix Garcia is very likely out and Llorente probably too (he has not played in qualifiers at all) but personally I would bring him as I see him primarily as a backup RB ahead of Navas (he's a legend but really don't think he deserves Euro). Would play Carvajal, Llorente and Nacho there from current team and as I said before it's a mistake to not call up Pedro Porro imo.

Won't happen but would be fun if Ayoze would make the team ahead of Ferran.

Home of Barca Fans