Spanish SuperCopa: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona (5-1)

We had ZERO CONTROL in midfield how was this a decent performance? These deluded fans need to fuck off with the board.

I think we must take into account that we were playing against a team that's won 2 champions leagues in a row. Also, Zidane and the players know eachother very well by now. Not only that, but Madrid can afford to bring in Asensio as a substitute, we can't. We deff dominated the first half. The team fell apart after piques own goal. Valverde needs more time, but I think he's doing well with what we have. Didn't Sevilla beat us 5-0 on this same game last season?

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
I feel like we're forever settling for b grade cut price buys that we don't really have to compete with anyone else for. You can say what you want about Man City inflating the market but they always get their man

G_6O

Vermaelen --> 17 M
Mathieu --> 20 M
Cilessen --> 15 M
Digne --> 20 M
Rakitic --> 20 M
André Gomes --> 35 M +20 M (bonus)
Arda Turan --> 34 M + 7 M (bonus)
Aleix Vidal --> 17 M
Paulinho --> 40 M
Deulofeu --> 12 M
Paco Alcacer --> 32 M

--------------

262 M (287 M include bonus) for this SHIT.

:angry:

Rakitic was a good signing for 20M, Played integral role to the treble season.

The problem is that he has declined so much since then

So we're supposed to fear them and bow down to them? Am I the only who sees the problem with that kind of thinking?

no, but we shouldn't expect to simply walk over them. We played a decent game. All of their goals were our mistake as well. Own goal brought the team down. We are playing against the best team in the world while we just lost one of the top 5 players in the world, and still can't play our starting RB, and still need a good center midfielder to replace busquests as a starter. I think we are on the right track. We need our next sginings to be good, and to give valverde time to improve the team. We played a decent game. The score doesn't really reflect what happened on the pitch.

Ken_rosseneri

Ter Stergen: He was decent until PK's own goal... went downhill from there.... still wish we had Bravo, he wasn't nearly as bad as Ter Stergen...
Pique: OK.... Pique is an average defender... very average.. slow too.. He's a great defender who can pass but he's not great defensively
Umtiti: IMO... He's our best defender, great on the ball as well as positioning and vision.. we need to find a great partner for him.. IDK why we still even have mascherano?
Vidal: OMG...simple and short... He sucks... i never rated him anyways.. idk why he played.. doesn't over much going forward or even defensively. Semedo is a better player all around..
Busquet: for me our best player today.. consistent, but i wish he was even just a tiny bit faster tho...
Iniesta: Thanks for everything INIESTA.. WOULD ALWAYS LOVE YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE and What you've done for this team.. but like everyone, AGE is a killer.. i think INIESTA IS DONE..
RAKITIC: JUST RUNS AND RUNS with no head..not technically skilled to even try to retain the ball..
Deleufou: WHAT THE HELL? Didn't do squat.. he should've never come back..
Suarez: Still the best striker in the world but with a useless midfield i don't expect much from him.. a workhorse
Messi: Messi CAN'T SAVE OUR ASSESS all the time like geez... for us to have a chance at any silverware this year he would need to play like he's on drugs/steroids.. plus he's 30 years old.. Ronaldo doesn't always have to come back to the midfield to do s***... why does messi have to come back to the midfield to do the work our midfielders should do? we need messi up front...

People are saying we shouldn't over react.. This is the time to freaking overreact..
BARCELONA MUST SIGN COUTINHO and DEMBELE.. MUST... We need to sell a lot of players too.. mascherano, Arda, Gomes, Vermaleen, Paco, rafinha...

jairzinho

Valverde needs to bear some of the blame for this sham of a performance. Good God, starting Vidal over Semedo, shows he hasn't done much homework at all. Vidal is nowhere close to the level required to make the starting eleven for this team. What the fuck did we expect to achieve by having him out there in a match like this. Deulofeu needs to leave before the windows ends. I would rather give minutes to Aleñá or even Denis.

Last edited:

JackaL

So i just walked back from the Camp Nou, it took me ages.

Some impressions: wow the amount of tourists in the stadium is incredible, the reason why people were kinda cheering for Madrid player's good passess/dribblings too. Well it's August and most Barceloneses are probably on vacation.

Ronaldo: he made my day, the way he celebrated, the way Marcelo set his shirt right for like 15 seconds just that he could copy Messi's celebration. Man that padt 2-3 in the Bernabeu and Messi must have reslly huet. I cannot think of a bigger idiot in football than Ronaldo.

The game: Real Madrid is way ahead of us, their starters are better and their subs as well. Plus, it seems the Neymar thing has gotten to the our players, I think they are unmotivated, lacked spirit on top of quality today.

Mitchell1978

Don't know it the team will do this but we should forget about the return match and focus on preparing for the league. Yes its a trophy but the least important one.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So i just walked back from the Camp Nou, it took me ages.

Some impressions: wow the amount of tourists in the stadium is incredible, the reason why people were kinda cheering for Madrid player's good passess/dribblings too. Well it's August and most Barceloneses are probably on vacation.

Ronaldo: he made my day, the way he celebrated, the way Marcelo set his shirt right for like 15 seconds just that he could copy Messi's celebration. Man that padt 2-3 in the Bernabeu and Messi must have reslly huet. I cannot think of a bigger idiot in football than Ronaldo.

The game: Real Madrid is way ahead of us, their starters are better and their subs as well. Plus, it seems the Neymar thing has gotten to the our players, I think they are unmotivated, lacked spirit on top of quality today.

How's the feeling among the fans? Did you get to interact with anyone?

jairzinho

The atmosphere in the ground was fucking horrendous. There a couple times in the game where the players were urging fans to get behind the team.

Home of Barca Fans