Stefan Bajčetić

Messi983

I think Liverpool also had a say in this. IF they still count on him longterm (and there is nothing to suggest they don't) I'm sure they prefer him to get back to match fitness in a less stressful environment (where he'll still play CL football though) while also working with a coach he knows (Pep Lijnders was a long term Klopp's assistant).

That's why they are probably ok letting him go to Salzburg on a "free" loan while they've probably demanded a loan fee from us. Clearly don't know details of negotiations but it seems logical to me Barca wouldn't offer a 4m loan fee if we would think we can get him for free. And in that case would probably find a way to register him as I don't think his salary is that high.

Liverpool surely wants him to play regularly and would think that 4m loan fee would be good enough incentive for us to use him. Could ofc find ways around that so instead of a loan fee could include "penalties" if he doesn't play 60% of minutes when available for example. Given his injury history would then probably be the doctors who would decide if/when he was actually fit to play. But probably just too much negotiations in a limited time, especially when on the other side everything was already agreed on with Salzburg.

khaled_a_d

I think Liverpool also had a say in this. IF they still count on him longterm (and there is nothing to suggest they don't) I'm sure they prefer him to get back to match fitness in a less stressful environment (where he'll still play CL football though) while also working with a coach he knows (Pep Lijnders was a long term Klopp's assistant).

Good points.

There is also the buy option angel.
Matteo Moretto, who is very reliable regarding Barca, said the negotiation has buy option and buy back options. Romano denied that.

This might suggest that Moretto was talking from Barca side of negotiations while Romano the Liverpool side.

This might be that Barca wasn't willing to pay loan fee for a player with around 1.2K minutes of EPL experience coming back from 2 serious injuries, without some guarantees that they will compensated if they develop him.

Messi983

I dont even think the guy will be much of a starter if he ever came. With Gavi's return around Sept end and Casado. Plus Pedri is playing as the CM. This guy might only get a couple of games before Gavi joins.
Plus as you noted on his Injuries. Given our clubs track record, guy will probaby be injjured the moment he plays a game for us.
It would have been a foolish deal.

Having watched some videos on him, I actually rate Bernal over him. Can't say now, how Bernal will develop after this injury, but still.

Bernal is out so doesn't make much sense to compare them. A fit Bajcetic (him staying fit is a big question mark ofc) would be more useful player for us than Bernal with a torn ACL even if Marc is a better player.

More relevant questions would be if the club thinks Bajcetic is better than alternatives we have (like Casado and Eric) who can play his position or if they believe he could be an added value to the team THIS* season. If they think so then makes sense trying to sign him.

*We wouldn't sign him for what he will be in 3-4 years when he most likely won't play for us but for what he could provide now. Would be a risky signing anyway given his overall lack of experience and injury history.

I would actually prefer us looking for more experienced players (we have enough of our kids) on loan as emergency signing but problem with them is they are usually more expensive even if signed on loans. And if they are available now is probably because their clubs want to offload them which is never a good sign.

AFAIK Amrabat is still available so surprised we were not linked to him yet, lol.

Porque

Bernal is out so doesn't make much sense to compare them. A fit Bajcetic (him staying fit is a big question mark ofc) would be more useful player for us than Bernal with a torn ACL even if Marc is a better player.

More relevant questions would be if the club thinks Bajcetic is better than alternatives we have (like Casado and Eric) who can play his position or if they believe he could be an added value to the team THIS* season. If they think so then makes sense trying to sign him.

*We wouldn't sign him for what he will be in 3-4 years when he most likely won't play for us but for what he could provide now. Would be a risky signing anyway given his overall lack of experience and injury history.

I would actually prefer us looking for more experienced players (we have enough of our kids) on loan as emergency signing but problem with them is they are usually more expensive even if signed on loans. And if they are available now is probably because their clubs want to offload them which is never a good sign.

AFAIK Amrabat is still available so surprised we were not linked to him yet, lol.

Good post.

Imagine for a second it is true that Deco is on holiday and that's our market wrapped up though.

Can't even wait until Saturday to celebrate.

Sack the cunt if true, and would sum up our strategy.

jamrock

His dad actual said we moved too late, they agreed Salzburg move already and didn't expect a call from us.

Seems like a bad timing more than anything. We probably needed a day to confirm things with Liga while everything was agreed with the Austrians already.

Pretty obvious for anyone who isn't emotionally invested.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Pretty obvious for anyone who isn't emotionally invested.
I can say I rate him highly, very highly - from what I've seen he's a player with that 'little extra', like Pedri and Olmo are in their positions. So yeah, I was so glad we moved for him and than a little disappointed it didn't work out - but now I'm good :) Best of luck to him, I hope he evolves and we somehow get our hands on him because Pool' and Arne obviously don't rate him - we'll see how he'll fit into Salzburg...

Chomutov

I' m sure we are all very calm when seeing el Gato's glorious galacticos losing 4 points in 3 matches to the inferior, broken Barca club. Mbappe....how many goals so far??? Ahh, wait a second ...zero??? Truely great stuff! Who is La Liga's laughing stock at the moment?

Home of Barca Fans