Summer Olympics Paris - 2024

Loki

Germany - USA in beach volleyball right now ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Let's go sports!

Screenshot-2024-08-02-220448.png

Loki

Someone knows what tactic she wants to do? I stare at it for some time now, can't fugure it out ( ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)

Screenshot 2024-08-02 221158.png

Loki

Spain-Marocco gonna be spicy on August, 5th. As I mentioned during their first game, Marocco has a very strong team with 4-5 of the players having a big market value.
I expect the winner of that match also getting gold.

Maradona37

The feminist movement is shite these days too. Kind of hard to concede for them just how much naturally stronger the male genes are.
I was talking about that yesterday. Obviously it's a good thing that women have better lives now, but they just wanna exploit and abuse the power they have now.

Like the American NT asking for parity with wages with the men. It's important that everyone is treated well and respected, but we have to also factor in that political correctness doesn't now override biology - men are (generally) stronger and more physical than women, can play a lot of sports to a higher level. The men's game is also infinitely more popular. I know feminists will say that is because it has had over a century to grow, but the truth is a woman of similar status in her sport to a man in his can never be on the same level (if it's football, tennis, athletics, swimming whatever). That's why it's ridiculous and entitled to demand equal pay and acclaim etc.

For instance Katie Ledecky is a supreme swimmer - she could probably beat most men over 800 m or 1500 m. However, the very elite men (which are her counterparts in men's swimming as she's a very elite women's swimmer) will still beat her. It's the same for most disciplines.

Like I say I am left-leaning, but sometimes it goes way too far - we have to apply common sense. It's not being discriminatory to acknowledge that men are simply bigger, stronger, faster and more suited to highest level sport.

Maradona37

So you are saying we should now start testing every football player on genetics level and exclude those who are too in touch with their feminine side e.i. CR7?
I wouldn't really call Ronaldo feminine. He looks like a grown man, he doesn't look particularly young or boyish, he's just very metrosexual in his behaviour and actively goes out of his way to look flamboyant with his clothing.

He could very easily position himself as masculine if he wanted to. I hate the guy though.

I know that is the point you are making though - he's biologically a man but he acts girly at times.

On topic - some great swimming last night again, I already knew some swimmers going into this edition, but some I now know that I didn't before are Marchand, Summer McIntosh, Tatjana Smith, Ariarne Titmus, Mollie 'O Callaghan, McKeown, the Chinese guy who broke the world record, and a few other of the top men.

There's some brilliant swimmers around these days. I know they say the pool is slow and shallow but I have thoroughly enjoyed their expertise. I will miss it when it finishes this weekend, but the show goes on with the track and field.

I am sure the other sports have been great too but I have only really been invested in the swimming.

Last edited:

Loki

Medal table after the first week:

China is leading of course with 31 medals 13/9/9
France second with 36 medals 11/12/13
Australia third with 22 medals 11/6/5

The table gonna change soon with water sports coming to an end and athletics starting. US gonna improve very likely in the second week. So far they're sharing the 4th place with GB with 9 gold medals each.

Home of Barca Fans