Summer Olympics Paris - 2024

Maradona37

Women's 3000m steeplechase heats pretty good.

I wish the Olympics were on 24/7 365. It's class and two weeks isn't enough lol.

Messi983

Reading this makes it even worse.

"You know, the first thing that I thought when I broke my knee last year was that I wanted to get back to be ready again because I had a good feeling for the Olympic Games in Tokyo but suddenly I had this injury.

"Then three days after I broke my knee, what I had in my mind is that I want to win another Olympic Games. If it's not Tokyo, then it should be Paris.

"So this is what I have on my mind every day that I had to do my rehabilitation."

Maradona37

Reading this makes it even worse.

"You know, the first thing that I thought when I broke my knee last year was that I wanted to get back to be ready again because I had a good feeling for the Olympic Games in Tokyo but suddenly I had this injury.

"Then three days after I broke my knee, what I had in my mind is that I want to win another Olympic Games. If it's not Tokyo, then it should be Paris.

"So this is what I have on my mind every day that I had to do my rehabilitation."

Poor girl, that is a real shame given how much work she has likely put into being ready here. Not nice to hear that she's now out of this too.

Loki

I wish the Olympics were on 24/7 365. It's class and two weeks isn't enough lol.
Nah, oversaturation would kill the excitement. You can already feel it in football, where even matches between the best teams in the world don't excite as much as they did 15 years ago, because they became a regual basis.
All the disciplines in olympia have their world- and continent championships, as well as other tournaments. You can still follow them if interested enough, but Olympia excites so much as the world cup, because it's being hosted every 4 years.

But I agree that 2 weeks is a bit too short. Too many interesting disciplines run parallel, so you miss either way. 3 weeks would have been better.

Maradona37

Nah, oversaturation would kill the excitement. You can already feel it in football, where even matches between the best teams in the world don't excite as much as they did 15 years ago, because they became a regual basis.
All the disciplines in olympia have their world- and continent championships, as well as other tournaments. You can still follow them if interested enough, but Olympia excites so much as the world cup, because it's being hosted every 4 years.

But I agree that 2 weeks is a bit too short. Too many interesting disciplines run parallel, so you miss either way. 3 weeks would have been better.
Yeah true, I was really speaking tongue in cheek. What I really meant was what you refer to in the last paragraph - it's too short, two weeks every four years doesn't seem enough. Like you say three weeks would allow us to watch more stuff and probably give the athletes more exposure too, because plenty won't get as much due to sports running concurrently.

But yeah, I think I will follow world championships, european championships, commonwealth games etc in future.

Maradona37

What was Crittenden doing on 110m hurdles?

Just jogging from the start, didn't look like he was injured.

18 seconds, even I could maybe run that time, lol
Was just about to say, what was going on there? Is it maybe a political protest or something? Lol.

Messi983

Oh, exposing the rules. Had some discomfort and just wanted to get to finish line and will run in repechage on Tuesday.

Maradona37

Oh, exposing the rules. Had some discomfort and just wanted to get to finish line and will run in repechage on Tuesday.
Ahhh right, that's fair enough then. Hopefully he's fitter for Tuesday. He obviously has to run and complete the heat to make the repechage.

Last edited:

Loki

The german runner right now in 400m hurdles is an elementary school teacher. That's an example for the competion against full time cyborgs.

Home of Barca Fans