Summer Olympics Paris - 2024

Maradona37

Similar level is misleading.

15 mins difference is an eternity in marathon.

Just like 1 second is an eternity difference between men and women's 100 m times.
Yeah.

I still think women are closer (relatively speaking) to men in sports like track and field and swimming, than football. Not close, as I believe the top 500/1000 men could beat the number 1 woman in track. But I feel they'd have better chance than a woman's team playing against a men's team (though still no chance).

What do you think?

Windhook

probably trying to get more teenagers interested in olympics. The same reason why skateboarding was included.
Indeed.

IOC cash on big with controversy this Olympics. There is no such thing like bad publicity.

As for the feminist movements in sports/society - it's biology. Both genders are limited in one thing or another. One theatre play I saw, a comedy - a guy's wife was fighting for equal rights. The guy said, okay I'll give you equality, if you manage to pee on this wall.

Maradona37

As for the feminist movements in sports/society - it's biology. Both genders are limited in one thing or another. One theatre play I saw, a comedy - a guy's wife was fighting for equal rights. The guy said, okay I'll give you equality, if you manage to pee on this wall.
Yeah, it's just that sports favour men almost every time. Some other realms of society favour women.

I still believe women should be very supported in sport, though. The elite women in track for example are still better than 99 per cent of men as most men aren't elite either.

Horatio

You're welcome
Is its name actually 'breaking'? Or do they think it sounds like less of a sport if they call it breakdancing?

I didn't even know it was in the Olympics til a month or so ago.

The moniker breakin’ goes back a long time.

It’s extremely taxing activity by the way. Especially in a 1 on 1. Breakers have to plan how they allocate energy to which runs(turns they get). One of the coolest and humblest subcultures as well.

Maradona37

Yeah I am not saying it doesn't take loads of skill and it surely has loads of worth. I could never do it and when I have seen it in films etc it looks brilliant. I just never thought of it as a sport.

I guess it's one of them sports where it's demonstrative ie it's down to subjectivity of the judges who wins, like diving and gymnastics.

Home of Barca Fans