Tennis

Adrian

Federer 18/1 to win the Aus Open. Just had to have a few quid on that as that is obscene odds.

The odds make sense, he's old now and not the same player at all.

As a Serb myself I'm delighted to see Nole have quite an easy run to the final.

zanela

Not liking Rafa's chances against the Bulgarian. The latter has ran him close the few times they 've faced off, and he's on a hot streak atm. Rafa, meanwhile isn't playing his best, and is also dealing with blisters on his left hand. Not confident at all. :(

Delighted for Stan, though. My elated scream following match point, put my mom in discomfort. :p

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Only way Nadal definitelu won't win this tournament is if he faces Murray in the final. Any other opponent he has 99% chance of winning. If it is Murray I'd drop that percentage to around 65% mark.

However I don't see Murray beating Federer because he isn't in peak condition and is just coming back from a major injury so that's why I give Federer the advantage.

However I also believe the days of Murray's mental fragility against the big 3 are over. So he won't lose because of that reason. I just think this Slam is 1-2 months early for him.

So I'd be shocked if Murray won tomorrow and I'd be even more shocked if Nadal doesn't win this slam now.

desoe

Not liking Rafa's chances against the Bulgarian. The latter has ran him close the few times they 've faced off, and he's on a hot streak atm. Rafa, meanwhile isn't playing his best, and is also dealing with blisters on his left hand. Not confident at all. :(

Wow, that's funny because I'm a bulgarian and even I don't believe Grigor could win this :lol:

I mean, I think he's capable to beat Rafa in 2 from 3 (like he almost did few times as you mentioned), just like he won against Djokovic in Madrid, but I don't think he's ready to beat the Top 4 guys in 3 from 5. I think Rafa will go through with a 3-1 win, maybe.

But still a great tournament for Grigor. He's progressing in an awesome speed since he started working with Roger Rasheed - first title in his career and few months later a first 1/4-final in Grand Slam. The impact of coaches to tennis players is just phenomenal, it's all about finding the right one for you. And I think Grigor found it, which is very good because he's freakishly talented. And I really mean freakishly, just look at the things he does on the court sometimes

Last edited:

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
So the Aussie Open kicks off tom. And Rafa has been drawn to play B.Tomic in the first round. :shakeshead: Del Potro, Murray, Fed in his draw, whilst the Serb has the mighty Ferrer on route to the final. The draws in recent years 've been relatively easier for the #2, I wish Rafa'd stayed there. :p

Just give the trophy to the Serb, and save us all the trouble.
Just get it over with, and support Federer, he is much much cooler

desoe

I didn't watch the match, but doesn't look like "easing through" to me - losing the first set and then winning the 2&3 with a tie-break. Grigor is always giving him a fight. Give him one or two years more and he will start winning some of these nights. Just like Mouratoglou wrote in Twitter once - "the big four must continue winning against Grigor, because once he realize that he's able to beat them - they are in trouble" :D

He was always technically superb, just lacked the mental and physical preparation. And this is exactly what Roger Rasheed is fixing now.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans