Tennis

KingLeo10

Because Djokovic had a more classical career path. Nadal was a prodigy on clay. That's the only difference.
Such a prodigy on clay only that he faced Federer 3 times in a row on Wimbledon final (beat him 1 time and the other time it was 5 sets) from age 20-22 :lol:

And beat Djokovic in US Open final in 2010 and Federer in AO final 2009.

And had a win in all 4 slams by 2010 :lol:

"That's the only difference" - Deluded

serghei

Such a prodigy on clay that he faced Federer 3 times in a row on Wimbledon final (beat him 1 time and the other time it was 5 sets) from age 20-22 :lol:

And beat Djokovic in US Open final in 2010 and Federer in AO final 2009.

And had a win in all 4 slams by 2010 :lol:

"That's the only difference" - Deluded

In 2011 Djokovic cleaned it up really good though. Don't tell me, Nadal declined between 2010 and 2011.

Djokovic beat prime Federer in AO 08 btw. Played him in USO 2007 final too. He also showed he had all the tools to beat Federer on HC quite early.

Djokovic in 2010 is 23 years old btw. Quite young.

KingLeo10

In 2011 Djokovic cleaned it up really good though. Don't tell me, Nadal declined between 2010 and 2011.
Nadal v Djokovic from 2011-2015 was 3-3 in Grand Slam finals :lol:

Djokovic beat him on Wimbledon, US Open, AO Open (longest match ever)

Nadal beat him FO x 2, US Open

Djokovic was superior to Nadal from 2011-2015, no doubt, but it wasn't as lopsided as pre 2010. I readily admit this (and way back too when I expanded the window to 2005 - 2015), while you continue to be a one liner clown who's parroting the "don't tell me nadal declined between 2010 and 2011" line which is not something I ever said.

Nadal did actually decline after 2015 though. Djokovic declined after 2019 (kudos on last 3 years longer) but it's been masked by weak competition.

serghei

Nadal v Djokovic from 2011-2015 was 3-3 in Grand Slam finals :lol:

Djokovic beat him on Wimbledon, US Open, AO Open (longest match ever)

Nadal beat him FO x 2, US Open

Djokovic was superior to Nadal from 2011-2015, no doubt, but it wasn't as lopsided as pre 2010. I readily admit this (and way back too when I expanded the window to 2005 - 2015), while you continue to be a one liner clown who's parroting the "don't tell me nadal declined between 2010 and 2011" line which is not something I ever said.

Nadal did actually decline after 2015 though. Djokovic declined after 2019 (kudos on last 3 years longer) but it's been masked by weak competition.

:lol:

You still don't get it. You say the competition since 2015 has been weak, but Nadal is among that competition. So, Djokovic has been better than Nadal because he kept his level up for much longer than him.

Case closed.

serghei

Of course peak vs peak it's very close in this match-up. The difference in favor of Djokovic lies in longevity. And you have no argument really to counter it.

KingLeo10

:lol:

You still don't get it. You say the competition since 2015 has been weak, but Nadal is among that competition. So, Djokovic has been better than Nadal because he kept his level up for much longer than him.

Case closed.

So Djokovic being better than a past it Nadal and a bunch of duds (till Alcaraz came about) from 2015 is your crowning achievement as opposed to beat prime Federer and Djokovic from 05 to 10 and then being in the same ballpark as Djokovic from 2011-2015 (Djokovic's actual prime).

Yeah - case very much closed :lol:

Rory

Depends how you view longevity. Nadal won first slam in 2005, last slam he won was 2022. Djokovic first win 2008, last win 2023.

serghei

So Djokovic being better than a past it Nadal and a bunch of duds (till Alcaraz came about) from 2015 is your crowning achievement as opposed to beat prime Federer and Djokovic from 05 to 10 and then being in the same ballpark as Djokovic from 2011-2015 (Djokovic's actual prime).

Yeah - case very much closed :lol:

Not so fast. Djokovic also has superior h2h vs both players. So... there are many arguments really. Longevity is just one.

KingLeo10

Not so fast. Djokovic also has superior h2h vs both players. So...
It's 30-29 v Nadal lmao. 1 win :lol:

In GS, it's 10-6 in favor of Nadal (before you scream FO!, 2 of the 4 slams are on HC so this is just how these things are. You take advantage of what you're best at)

H2H:

Nadal

24-16 v Fed
29-30 v Djokovic

Djokovic
30-29 v Nadal
27-23 v Federer

You really closed the case with this one, chief :lol:

serghei

It's 30-29 v Nadal lmao. 1 win :lol:

In GS, it's 10-6 in favor of Nadal (before you scream FO!, 2 of the 4 slams are on HC so this is just how these things are)

They have met a total of 2 times in AO, a slam Djokovic has claimed 10 times. Quite obvious that Nadal has failed to produce a high enough level at AO to play Djokovic consistently.

Murray actually played him more in AO lol, 4 times.

Home of Barca Fans