Tennis

S7_MUFC

Nadal winning was never a foregone conclusion. Anybody who's watched Stan in the tournament will know he deserves to be in the final, and will deserve the trophy if he crosses the finishing line, which looks only a formality now.
I just tuned in and I see Rafa look like a flattened tire, injury or no injury, I hope he completes the match in a dignified fashion. I just read that Stan killed him in the first set, and was up by a break in the sec set, before Rafa got injured. So no excuses. His style of play makes him injury-prone, and so has been the case throughout his career, but his haters will no doubt dismiss any such possibility and say he is faking it. Stan is a worthy Champion, and I'd rather him than anyone else against Nadal.

Congratulations, Stan. :)

He's helped his compatriot secure his 17. I don't think Rafa will win any GS from now on. But I'm content with whatever he's achieved so far. :)

Kudos to those Nadal fans, who continue to watch this match.
Not even French open? If he's fit he's odds on favorite to win there and He's come back from injuries before....

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
I seem to remember saying on Xtratime that we'll get a surprise winner in a slam this year.

zanela

Sounds like we have a hater in here

Not a hater, on the contrary. I chased away all his haters from here (the vet members will know what I'm talking about). So gimme some credit. :p

Apologies for all my cynical posts, concerning Rafa. I'm a hopeless pessimist when it comes to him, as its the only way I can save my fragile heart from giving up on me.

BarcaGirl

Rafa takes the 3rd set. He looks better now, but still makes way to many errors. This final is Stan's to lose.

Still Vamos Rafa!

Apologies for all my cynical posts, concerning Rafa. I'm a hopeless pessimist when it comes to him, as its the only way I can save my fragile heart from giving up on me.

I know how you feel Zanela!

Cule4life

The Culest
Not a hater, on the contrary. I chased away all his haters from here (the vet members will know what I'm talking about). So gimme some credit. :p

Apologies i should adopt a similar policy too as i have a soft corner for Rafa

zanela

Well, at least he's won a set. I didn't want him to lose a GS final in straight sets. That's only Djoko's territory. :mou:

Home of Barca Fans