The Dutch Eredivisie

Ataraxia

I saw on TV the news about the game before and was like PSV must win something like 5-0 ( due to the difference in form and quality between them), and then I was like I think i'm stretching it a bit, it will be closer.

Seems I was wrong.haha

i watched the 10-0 game on ESPN, damn what a game, Feyenoord gave up after the second goal and i heard they took they website down because they too embarrassed to post the match report :lol:

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Ridiculous. I mean, I support PSV, but I feel embarrassed. How can Feyenoord lose 10-0 when it's only 2-0 at half time? They were playing with 10 against 11, but still, this is absolutely ridiculous.

My father supports Feyenoord, and he joined in later, after the second match, when the commentator said: 'already 14 goals after 2 matches'. He heard the second match ended 2-2, so he was like 'wtf, 10 goals at PSV - Feyenoord? How did it end, then?' So I told him it ended 10-0. Only in the Eredivisie!

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
I watched the match online, Feyenoord just gave up and PSV just had their shooting boots on today. 10-0......We'll never see that kind of scoreline again for a number of years.

Abaddon

King of the Bottomless Pit
This tells you something about the Eredivisie. Mind you, the Belgian league is no better, but at least a 10-0 would never happen here. There's no easier league for offensive players than the Dutch league.

desoe

That's what I'm always saying. The dutch league is a comedy. Which also makes the pricetags of players like Luis Suarez ridiculous as well.

Jesse1509

This tells you something about the Eredivisie. Mind you, the Belgian league is no better, but at least a 10-0 would never happen here. There's no easier league for offensive players than the Dutch league.

True. Low-table teams tend to play too open in the Dutch Eredivisie. Teams like Ajax, PSV, FC Twente and such are reasonably strong, even in Europe, but teams like Willem II are very, very weak.

desoe

I remember a game where Afonso Alves scored 7 (SEVEN) goals for 90 minutes. I live in Bulgaria, where the football is an absolute shit, we don't even have proper stadiums, but I don't remember a player scoring more than 3 or 4 goals in one game in the last 15 years. And that guy scored 7.

Of course, Boro bought him for £12.7m soon after that. And of course, he flopped. Guess where he's playing right now.

Jesse1509

I remember a game where Afonso Alves scored 7 (SEVEN) goals for 90 minutes. I live in Bulgaria, where the football is an absolute shit, we don't even have proper stadiums, but I don't remember a player scoring more than 3 or 4 goals in one game in the last 15 years. And that guy scored 7.

Of course, Boro bought him for £12.7m soon after that. And of course, he flopped. Guess where he's playing right now.

Somewhere in Qatar or so, I thought it was... not that it matters....funniest thing is, though, that he even managed to play 8 matches for Brazil. I mean, it's not like he was that good...

F

Flavia

I was changing channels, when passing by espn, I saw the score 9-0. I even got closer to the tv, thought I wasn't seeing right :lol:
Then I watched the rest of the game. Insane score. 10-0 is not something to se everyday.

desoe

I've attended a 10-0 game by myself. It was between Levski and maybe the shittiest team which ever played in the bulgarian league. When the result is already 9-0, the crowd is getting really excited, because everyone is expecting the the tenth goal :lol:

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Biggest Barca victory I watched was 8:0 in the Gaspart era. For the life of me I cant remember the opposition. Alaves perhaps?

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
yeah..... difficult times for Feyenoord fans like me. I stopped caring with 4-0 lol.

desoe

yeah..... difficult times for Feyenoord fans like me. I stopped caring with 4-0 lol.

How is Nikolay Mihaylov doing at Twente? I don't have many opportunities to follow him closely, but from I what see he has a good ammount of clean sheets since the beginning of the season. Do you think he has a future at football?

Home of Barca Fans