The Dutch Eredivisie

xboogiex

How is Nikolay Mihaylov doing at Twente? I don't have many opportunities to follow him closely, but from I what see he has a good ammount of clean sheets since the beginning of the season. Do you think he has a future at football?

Hes doing pretty well hes now the 1e goalie of twente and he definetly has a future.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Ajax vs. PSV this weekend....

PSV should be able to win this. I mean, Ajax have little width, and they've lost a couple of times in a row now. I hope Afellay plays a good game, considering this will be his last big Eredivisie game before he moves to Barça.

W

woobie

So, Martin Jol resigned today at Ajax. Anybody know what's up with that? Is he going straight to Newcastle?

Jesse1509

So, Martin Jol resigned today at Ajax. Anybody know what's up with that? Is he going straight to Newcastle?

According to him, the expectations were too high at Ajax...but I reckon he just wanted to return to the Premier League. It was the best thing for both Ajax and Jol. Good for Ajax to have the 'Jol syndicate' out, being his staff and Mino Raiola. Good for Jol too, because the press here (and therefore the general public) became quite negative about him, and he can earn more money in the PL too, of course, which is his primary motivation by far.

Jesse1509

I missed it...could anyone, perhaps, tell me something about yesterday's Klassieker? A deserved victory for Ajax?

Koma

Ajax played well, nothing special but they had game under control. It was nice to see another youth product of the best academy in the world making his debut for Ajax, Jody Lukoki. Very nice club that Ajax. :)

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
Feyenoord lost 1-0 to De Graafschap at home.

De Vrij and Wijnaldum were crying on the pitch after the game... what a drama.

It's just too much.... Club icon Moulijn dying.... Beenhakker getting sacked as TD, being in relegation danger and losing to DE GRAAFSCHAP :(

Koma

Such a shame really, even tho I am Ajax simpatiser it's not easy when you see other clubs suffering, especialy club like Feyenoord. Also, they have incredible generation of youth coming through their academy, they've won the award for best academy in Holland last year... I hope they get through this.

Btw, I didn't follow them that much this season, can anyone explain what is the main problem behind these shity things in Feyenoord?

Twizku

The Twizmeister
First, I apologize already because I will ruin your thread with my questions but Peerd got me interested so it's HIS fault :D
So Peerd, can you summarise Feyenoord's season, please?

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
Such a shame really, even tho I am Ajax simpatiser it's not easy when you see other clubs suffering, especialy club like Feyenoord. Also, they have incredible generation of youth coming through their academy, they've won the award for best academy in Holland last year... I hope they get through this.

Btw, I didn't follow them that much this season, can anyone explain what is the main problem behind these shity things in Feyenoord?

Financial troubles.... HUGE financial troubles.... for years now.

It was camouflaged by experienced players like Makaay, Gio, Landzaat in previous years... but they are no longer there and Feyenoord also sold some players.... we have ONLY young players now and about 2 older players who are TOTAL shit. There is no balance in the team, and we have no money to buy even a shitty first division player.

And a LOT of bad luck.... the talent is just not coming out. Players who are good at other clubs fail at Feyenoord. It's law of Murphy-like.

First, I apologize already because I will ruin your thread with my questions but Peerd got me interested so it's HIS fault :D
So Peerd, can you summarise Feyenoord's season, please?

Best players injured..... rest youngsters who haven't even got their razors yet. Our first striker is 18 yo for an example.

Home of Barca Fans