The Negreira case

Porque

LaLiga can't bring consequences because they have a statute of limitations. Only entities that could is Spanish prosecutors or UEFA/FIFA that have no time limit.

At worst we probably get banned from Europe and have a big fine.

The SOL is 10 years for this case right? So why wouldn't we receive consequences for the period 2013-2018?

EDIT. You are correct. 3years for LaLiga. Crazy.

Gari

Barcelona's response to the allegations made by the Public Prosecutor's Office (PPO) in the Negreira case: "This scenario was foreseeable by the club from the moment that a colleague filed a complaint in court and the PPO has been forced to stop its investigation." "On the other hand, the opinion of the Public Prosecutor's Office, which includes the complaint, is nothing more than an absolutely preliminary investigative hypothesis." "The judicial investigation will now begin and it is here that any hypothesis will have to be confirmed or rejected and FC Barcelona will contribute to the investigation in any way necessary."

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
LaLiga can't bring consequences because they have a statute of limitations. Only entities that could is Spanish prosecutors or UEFA/FIFA that have no time limit.

At worst we probably get banned from Europe and have a big fine.

I was under the same impression going by early reports from several weeks ago. However recently it seems that Tebas said La Liga will be a party in the court case and I was thinking perhaps La Liga can sanction us after all? Especially if we are convicted, just to placate the public outrage I think La Liga will dish out some punitive measures.

Yeah, in Europe we might be banned for at least a season if we are convicted.

From the Spanish authorities, if convicted we might face something ranging from the dissolution of the club (unlikely) to a hefty fine. Perhaps even some sort of ban which I don't quite understand (can't engage in playing and other activities for several years?).

The biggest damage, I am afraid will be the huge blow to our reputation and brand, which will make few sponsors want to be associated with us. We are already guilty in the court of public opinion.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
If this is true, then give us back our money cause those refs who were meant to be favouring us did a shit job

But yeah, in these sort of cases the burden of proof is on the party bringing forth the accusations. You can't just blindly accept what a person says without proof otherwise it turns in a "He said, She said" shitshow.
Unless they have things like tapes as was the case with the Juventus match-fixing, this will go nowhere.

Last edited:

NKMaribor

If this is true, then give us back our money cause those refs who were meant to be favouring us did a shit job

But yeah, in these sort of cases the burden of proof is on the party bringing forth the accusations. You can't just blindly accept what a person says without proof otherwise it turns in a "He said, She said" shitshow.
Unless they have things like tapes as was the case with the Juventus match-fixing, this will go nowhere.

16 league titles for Barca vs. 10 for Madrid, since the 90s. Not exactly "a shit job" - which is the usual Cule hyperbole. Besides, even if this was the case it is irrelevant, as much as paying hitman for a hit - but it fails. You are still guilty.

As for Calciopoli. The end result was not about match-fixing, nor the tapes showed one. It was about manipulating ref selection and ensuring favored ones officiating matches. Besides, if i remember correctly there was no money trail.

In what world can you use the word "if true" in case in which where it was already proven that FC Barcelona was tapping directly into "ref organization" by paying obscene amount of money for decades, with the usual window-dressing. Hey it was for "neutral" treatment"! -Luckily Moggi did not remember to use such euphemism.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

16 league titles for Barca vs. 10 for Madrid, since the 90s. Not exactly "a shit job" - which is the usual Cule hyperbole. Besides, even if this was the case it is irrelevant, as much as paying hitman for a hit - but it fails. You are still guilty.

As for Calciopoli. The end result was not about match-fixing, nor the tapes showed one. It was about manipulating ref selection and ensuring favored ones officiating matches. Besides, if i remember correctly there was no money trail.

In what world can you use the word "if true" in case in which where it was already proven that FC Barcelona was tapping directly into "ref organization" by paying obscene amount of money for decades, with the usual window-dressing. Hey it was for "neutral" treatment"! -Luckily Moggi did not remember to use such euphemism.

Post proof or get over it

ajnotkeith

I was under the same impression going by early reports from several weeks ago. However recently it seems that Tebas said La Liga will be a party in the court case and I was thinking perhaps La Liga can sanction us after all? Especially if we are convicted, just to placate the public outrage I think La Liga will dish out some punitive measures.

Yeah, in Europe we might be banned for at least a season if we are convicted.

From the Spanish authorities, if convicted we might face something ranging from the dissolution of the club (unlikely) to a hefty fine. Perhaps even some sort of ban which I don't quite understand (can't engage in playing and other activities for several years?).

The biggest damage, I am afraid will be the huge blow to our reputation and brand, which will make few sponsors want to be associated with us. We are already guilty in the court of public opinion.

There is the other issue of FFP which might break completely if we get banned from Europe and some sponsors pull out. We may literally not be able to make signings for several seasons if that happens. Add to that any large fine we have to pay.

We are already suffering on income this season by getting grouped and knocked out of EL first round.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
The club has been let down by people running it for decades. Relied heavily on big support and finance that came from it. Also on magnificent talent.

Failed to move with the times and treat things professionally.

Still, don't think anything big will come from this (we're too big to fail) and let's not forget that Real benefited from ref decisions more than us and was embroiled in government corruption for ages.

Home of Barca Fans