The Negreira case

El Gato

Villarato!
So basically Valverde said it was a common practice. Where did the 7m figure come from?

Number reported encompassing period since 2001
1.7 is for the 2016-18 only

And no, EV didnt say it [the practice of employing active committee members as consultants for such a job] was common practice.
He basically demonstrates he has no idea what he's being asked.
While other clubs may consult on such service with a 3rd party, Barca did this with PGMOL is the point

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
A thank you towards El Gato for finding the time to cover this extensively and keep us up to date with the newest developments. Not everyone would be willing to do so.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Number reported encompassing period since 2001
1.7 is for the 2016-18 only

And no, EV didnt say it [the practice of employing active committee members as consultants for such a job] was common practice.
He basically demonstrates he has no idea what he's being asked.
While other clubs may consult on such service with a 3rd party, Barca did this with PGMOL is the point

I know, I was asking where you saw the 7m figure from.

By common practice, I was referring to what that AS article says "He was asked about the system that Bar?a used to receive the referee reports: “I don’t remember, it’s something common..", that the clubs bought those referee reports.

El Gato

Villarato!
As said, several sources citing the contents of ElMundo documents, Marca among others. Recall one of the reports has a figure approx. 6,600,000 rounded up. They also reported breakdowns of fees paid to Negreira per president in office.

Yeah so EV for all intents and purposes says he never used the ref reports that are normally commonly commissioned from independent assessors as a standard. Not that, as is implied in this context, the way Barca acquired them was a common practice that is perfectly legitimate.

iniestaGOAT

Javier Tebas (La Liga President): "Barcelona have not been clear about the 'Negreira case'. They have not explained anything..."

Tebas: "For now I would say Juventus, because they have already been sanctioned, but in the future I think Bar?a's situation will be worse than Juventus' situation."

Windhook

It's a direct missile hit on Tebas from Dubai for his attacks on Man City. Very sad that our honest clean godfigure former president Bartomeu's name is involved once again in corruption scandal.:lol:

Porque

Amazing how all the shit comes out under Laporta's terms.

It's f'n diabolical that you could put so much money towards this referee association, and still get less favourable calls than Real Madrid.

Messigician

It's a direct missile hit on Tebas from Dubai for his attacks on Man City. Very sad that our honest clean godfigure former president Bartomeu's name is involved once again in corruption scandal.:lol:

❗️Javier Tebas: "If Laporta does not explain the 'Negreira case,' he should resign."

Givenchy

Scandal after scandal, I could care less these days. What's Tebas gonna do? Relegate us? Yeah good one, La liga will crumble to dust a few seasons earlier than it's on course to.

iniestaGOAT

As said, several sources citing the contents of ElMundo documents, Marca among others. Recall one of the reports has a figure approx. 6,600,000 rounded up. They also reported breakdowns of fees paid to Negreira per president in office.

Yeah so EV for all intents and purposes says he never used the ref reports that are normally commonly commissioned from independent assessors as a standard. Not that, as is implied in this context, the way Barca acquired them was a common practice that is perfectly legitimate.

We just need Madrids payments to be exposed now.

khaled_a_d

The statements of clubs doesn't essentially attack us, but more about the referees committee.
The investigation is already ongoing anyway, since 2021, and the theory about it leaked this time to ruin us is legit btw, since this was essentially leaked by someone, so it doesn't matter who reported it, but who leaked it (don't think it is about Madrid btw).

Tebas yesterday denied that we will be punished, as it isn't possible under Liga rules.
Today he went full attack on Laporta, asking him to either explain or resign (which makes no sense, it niether started on him, nor his reign is being investigated) and then suggesting it mind end worse than Juve's case. Essentially reversing his yesterday's position.
For now I doubt we will be punished, but it will be awful PR

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Fuck them and exit Spanish league.
Amount of times we got fucked while Madrid benefited.. Man, it's been going on since I can remember. And now this? :lol:

wisconsincule

:lol:

Don’t care at all.

Perfect timing for this to come out as Madrid are down 8 points in the league. When Barca gets docked points then we will see the true corruption.

Home of Barca Fans