The Negreira case

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The timing of the leaks is indeed suspicious but this whole thing which allegedly started in 2001 needs to be explained. Did we pay him just to buy those referee reports like many other clubs have done through whatever 3rd party or other sources? If so, nothing wrong with it. Very bad PR for the club right now, the only way for us to clear our name is to have this thoroughly investigated both by the Prosecutor's Office and the club itself and we need to come out and be forthcoming with it. If we just bought those referee reports like other clubs have done and nothing else, who cares where we bought them from, Negreira or some 3rd party sources.

Negreira's position at the time could raise some eyebrows, however I don't think the club was that stupid to actually think we could influence the refs. I don't believe they were that naive and stupid.

All the media sources that I have seen reported payments between 2016-2018 for around 1.6m. Not sure if that was the sum for all the reports and services from him throughout the years or he was paid prior before.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
This is messed up and totally sucks my will to care about this club anymore... Even if this is an orchestrated attack, even if we didn't receive any benefit on the pitch (which I believe we didn't and actually we got fucked over more often than not, and we didn't even need ref help, we had the best football team ever) and even if other teams have done it and it's not public, this is just too much... I've tried to make sense of it and justify the club or whatever, but I don't see any logical side to this, I really hope I'm missing something but it doesn't look good...

The weak reaction by the club is telling, to say the least... Presidents have fired at each other for years because of the most stupid reasons, but now they all seem very cautious like they are hiding something... It looks like a grim future for the club with yet another scandal plus the financial restrictions imposed by Tebas for next season...

I really hope things clear up but the damage is done...

Andresito

Staff member
This is very bad PR even if it's legit or not. Even if we get cleared from a criminal POV we'll still be 'the club that paid refs' from the simple minded.

Can't remember the last drama free season. Always some new shit coming up to the surface.

Richard.H

This is very bad PR even if it's legit or not. Even if we get cleared from a criminal POV we'll still be 'the club that paid refs' from the simple minded.

Can't remember the last drama free season. Always some new shit coming up to the surface.

This. The reputation of this club has been so shit for the past 6-7 years. Makes it difficult to be a proud fan

Messigician

Who cares

Stop being drama queens over it

Real cheated their way to multiple leagues and you guys wanna sit there feeling sorry for yourselves

Shameless

I'm a respectful guy but I'm giving you guys two slaps across the face if I ever meet you irl

serghei

We didn't cheat or bought off refs. At worst this is another proof of incompetente by Bartomeu and his board of crooks.

We will look corrupt to the masses, but what else is new?

Should be fairly easy to track the money path. If any of it got to the refs, then we are in trouble. Until then suspicion is not proof.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Did we pay him just to buy those referee reports like many other clubs have done through whatever 3rd party or other sources? If so, nothing wrong with it.

Plenty wrong with it. Textbook conflict of interest.

All the media sources that I have seen reported payments between 2016-2018 for around 1.6m. Not sure if that was the sum for all the reports and services from him throughout the years or he was paid prior before.

It's a sum of what he was paid per year.
Earlier on was paid less, starting circa 170k under Gaspart (which he denies but there are invoices).

Funniest part I read is this all came up because the dude forgot to pay tax :lol:

iniestaGOAT

This is very legit. 7m has been paid.

El Gato

Villarato!
If for good reasons and merely innocent reports on ref stats, why would club stop paying the moment he ceased being VP of PGMOL lol

Y'all know there are videos of his son showing refs around saying shit like "this is a very important day for Barca. You know what to do", right?

Dots are all there. Best could argue is they were reaching conclusion that club must play fire with fire to even out domestic standing between Barca and Real. And who knows, maybe Real ain't that pristine either. Apparently RM and Barca were only clubs to refuse joint statement from all La Liga clubs seeking clarification Atletico requested. Could be Superleague related, could be something else

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Yeah I don't doubt it's for some retarded reason the payments have been made. Question is if there's enough proof for us to be punished, legally.

raskolnikov

If we paid to fix refs it surely didnt work given how often we git screwed over in la liga.
This whole thing doesnt make sense.

Porque

It's a ridiculous amount of money for merely referee reports. I think though, that legally that is exactly what was paid for.

But for a business sense, the point is who we are paying, and the influence we can pull by paying them. And if we're paying way over the market rate for these reports, then things could get sticky.

As I was told in a business meeting way back, always be weary of the guy who pays for the coffee. This is what we are doing here.

FC B

Don't get it, Madrid almost always has referees on their side in LL and CL alike and somehow this shit comes on Barca?

Who made the decision to pay that company? He should be held accountable.

Home of Barca Fans