The Negreira case

El Gato

Villarato!
True Culedom

Not pissed that Barca paid an active ref committee member
Actually just pissed that it didn't work as should have or didn't have otherwise tangible benefit

Classic stuff

ajnotkeith

If we paid to fix refs it surely didnt work given how often we git screwed over in la liga.
This whole thing doesnt make sense.

But do we get screwed over?

Increasingly both sides think the same thing about each other. Madridistas say the exact same about Barca and think all refs are in our favour, whilst most Barca fans think the refs are always against them and a 12th man for Madrid.

The truth is both teams actually probably get favoured more by the refs and neither one is actually disadvantaged. Also, watching both the teams, both have had plenty of questionable calls go against and for them (Madrid get a lot of soft penalties, whilst we have been let off a number of times on really bad fouls from our players or repeated fouls). Like how Gavi is the player with the most fouls in the league but only has 4 yellow cards so far and no reds.

These Twitter analyses by Madridistas or Cules always only focus on the calls the other team receives and never evaluates both of them in tandem.

El Gato

Villarato!
On calls
Think Pedro Martin tweet that compared calls before and after Negreira had gone that Barcelona got in favour and against them, that proportion is similar to RM's albeit Barca still favoured

For Barca 33-3 penalties before 31-19 after
23-4 and 24-20 red cards
RM in the earlier period had like 8 or 9 pens go against them, so not much difference

Basically main thing to find out is what Barca paid over the top fee for. And whether it's just them paying it

Also - seen someone post Negreira said he won't testify in court as has Alzheimer's :lol:

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
"I want to make a statement about the news around the technical consultations that have been made about referees and players. The investigation has been outsourced and investigations are being conducted by outside counsel. Always in coordination with compliance, they are doing an analysis. In such a way that the investigation is rigorous."

"I also want to state that we firmly believe that in a democratic society there must be free and independent journalism. We have to deeply regret the leak of data and documents of a case that is in the investigation phase in the Prosecutor's Office and that should have the maximum custody. Even more so when neither the Prosecutor's Office nor the Police Forces have communicated to the club that it is being investigated. "

"We consider those technical and player consultations necessary. Now we do them internally. These reports were made with the corresponding invoice and had the corresponding documentary and video support. That was done during my previous mandate. With documentary invoice. As soon as we have more information, we will let you know."

"In the shortest possible time we will hold a press conference to explain the information we have in the club. An internal investigation is ongoing. This will not be too late, I trust. We are eager to give explanations. What I can say is that in my previous stage, these bills were paid and there was a documentary and video support. "

"Also to say that Mr. Tebas has already come to the fore again. Some had already warned us that it seemed that Tebas was promoting a reputational campaign against Bar?a and against me. The mask has already been removed. He continues with his obsession with Bar?a. With his phobia with our club. I remember that he is a person who in his career has already shown his animosity towards Bar?a. Already in 2005, as vice president of Alav?s, he already made a complaint because he did not want Messi to play at Bar?a. He does not forgive that we did not sign the agreement with CVC, which is an agreement that he controls. Nor does it support that we are in the Super League. It is their usual modus operandi. His intention to dominate Bar?a from a distance comes out, which is what he has been doing in recent years. He has realized that he can't do that with me. I will not give Mr Tebas the pleasure of ceasing to be president of Barcelona. That is decided by the partners. Whoever tries to dirty the history and image of Barcelona, will receive a strong response. What we have achieved has cost us a lot of work, a lot of effort and spectacular football. Therefore, as president, I will not allow such attempts to tarnish our splendid history. Thank you very much."

Joan rolling around on the floor trying to put out the fire that's been set to his ass :lol:

ajnotkeith

Tebas actually defended him at first and said it was all legal and it died down a bit after that.

Weird that he is trying to drag Tebas into this like it has anything to do with him.

iniestaGOAT

Tebas actually defended him at first and said it was all legal and it died down a bit after that.

Weird that he is trying to drag Tebas into this like it has anything to do with him.

Should have kept his mouth shut instead of asking him to resign

Messigician

Tebas 180 and say that we will be in bigger trouble than Juve

He's a fkn clown

El Gato

Villarato!

It's just misdirection, few ad hominems do wonders in these situations when you want other kinds of articles springing up all over the place

jamrock

It will soon come out that Madrid paid X2 the money for the same thing as well or maybe they don't have to, all the refs are already Madrid bias. Lol

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

I don't think Tebas ever defended Laporta or Barca and said it was all legal. What Tebas said a couple of days ago was the investigation is in the hands of the Prosecutor's Office and the league might be a party in it and there will be no sporting sanctions (because it is beyond the statute of limitation). Then Tebas came around yesterday all of sudden, did a 180 and attacked Laporta and said he should explain it or he should resign, probably because Tebas has been under pressure from some other clubs to react in a stronger manner. Laporta only responded to Tebas harshly after Tebas' remarks yesterday.

serghei

It will soon come out that Madrid paid X2 the money for the same thing as well or maybe they don't have to, all the refs are already Madrid bias. Lol

Don't think either pay refs. Would be absurd considering the player quality they possess compared with the average La Liga side.

Home of Barca Fans