Thiago Silva

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
e9x2.jpg

Shegzy

I'm sorry but that simply isn't true. I highlighted the key mental attributes that we are missing in our defence and even if you choose to ignore that fact that leadership and organisation are amongst the key attributes of a world class centreback, and even you decide Marquinhos' technical abilities are on a par with Silva's (which I have to say don't buy there on a par) there are the other mental attributes that Silva is vastly superior on that make him a vastly superior defender. There are huge question marks over Marquinhos' consistency, determination, reading of the game and most of all ability to handle pressure. Marquinhos could reach Silva's level but at present he isn't anywhere near it. A comparison would be Messi and Neymar. Neymar has many technical attirbutes similar to Messi and some physical attributes that are better. He is younger and could be a mainstay of a team for longer. However if you had to improve a team for next season first and foremost you would undoubtedly choose Messi. The down side being the financial reality of buying one of the world's best players. Also you used a key word "probably." He could be a world calss centre back but there are lots of youngsters out there that could be world class. Silva is as close to a sure thing as you are going to get. He will improve the defence for the next 3-4 years. Both are over priced and both would in there own way be good signings but to say that Silva doesn't offer substantially more at present is demonstrably fallacious.

the example of messi and neymar is not applicable to this case instead use courtois and cech,if cech is 30 million and courtois 20m,who would u advice us to sign for the club if valdes leaves this season.

Juan Shoe

the example of messi and neymar is not applicable to this case instead use courtois and cech,if cech is 30 million and courtois 20m,who would u advice us to sign for the club if valdes leaves this season.

Neither example is truly applicable. Courtois has had over 3 seasons as a first team keeper and 2 of those have been in La Liga. He has had more than one season at a high level. As I've stated both Silva and Marquinhos have there plus points and both would be good signings. However both are over-priced and have issues. If you take Silva you need to also try and find a 17ish year old with great potential and also try to develop the leadship aspect of Pique's game. If you take Marquihos then you need and experience organiser who may not be world class but can help us in the short-term. Personally I think N'Koulou could be the halfway house that would be ideal for us.

Doobs

The Messiah
At this point I'd take any one of Marquinhos, Luiz or Silva. Just want a damn CB signed. We'll finally be able begin discussing tactics :xavi:

Shegzy

Promising players are OK for the long run, but with our situation, we need someone who'll be a huge improvement to our defense starting with day #1.

marquinhos is not only promising,he is an improvement on those we have now and he will also improve our defence from day 1,won't neymar also would improve our attack immediately and also improve with years,this when i wish we never sold yaya( he would have covered for us) in the big matches and the reason i've talking about zouma is that he is more physically developed than marquinhos(taller and bulkier) and since abidal and muniesa(two player that can play as defensive left back and cb) has left,i think we should bring zouma cos we dom't have this type of player in our team coupled with adriano injury proneness and zouma not been dribbled past or outpaced this season and not having any cb in our b team close to the first team.

Shegzy

Neither example is truly applicable. Courtois has had over 3 seasons as a first team keeper and 2 of those have been in La Liga. He has had more than one season at a high level. As I've stated both Silva and Marquinhos have there plus points and both would be good signings. However both are over-priced and have issues. If you take Silva you need to also try and find a 17ish year old with great potential and also try to develop the leadship aspect of Pique's game. If you take Marquihos then you need and experience organiser who may not be world class but can help us in the short-term. Personally I think N'Koulou could be the halfway house that would be ideal for us.

why not micah richard and marquinhos together and i believe getting a better gk than valdes that can organise the defence and has good leadership quality will also help marquinhos settle quicker.

Doobs

The Messiah
BREAKING - Fox Sports Brasil have just confirmed that Thiago Silva said he wants Barça. Ancelotti was like his godfather and now he's gone.

He's coming!

Meitux

why not micah richard and marquinhos together and i believe getting a better gk than valdes that can organise the defence and has good leadership quality will also help marquinhos settle quicker.
Micah Richards? you gotta be kidding me.He is injury prone and besides that his main position is RB,he may played a few times CB but hes not good enough..no way

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Silva is the best defender in the world, he offers a lot more over Marquinhos than just leadership.

That's a very very big assumption.

He's better than Marquinhos in pretty much every aspect, I agree on that. However the only thing he offers that is insanely better than Marquinhos is leadership and maybe a sense of calm to paranoid fans who don't trust young players. Marcos isn't yet at his level but whatever he's shown points to the fact that he is talented, consistent, and improving. Nowadays some Barca fans cower at the sight of youth, acting like it's absurd for a young player to start for a top class team. It's pretty ironic and more about internal paranoia than actual judgment of players abilities. Silva as a transfer is such short term thinking and it makes little sense, knee jerk reaction for people who only trust experience and reputation.

Co0ter

Silva is ideal, he'd give us a solid four years...if you look at transfer history, most non-homegrown players usually don't stay for more than 4 years anyway :/

That set aside, paying 40+ for Silva is just ridiculous. All these oil money, billionaire owner teams are ruining transfers for everyone. It's sad that a WC defender is 30-40+mil now...

Look at Marquinhos, Roma want 30+mil....what a joke, they bought him one season ago for 4-5mil. At this point, they are both terrible deals financially. Assuming Marcos turns out the way we'd hope, in the end he'd be the far better deal...that's if he sticks around for longer than Silva would.

Home of Barca Fans