Thiago Silva

First we get Silva and after 3-4 years when he starts declining , we go after Marquinhos.

Problem solved :pep:

As some have mentioned it already, it's just a matter of time before another team gets their hands on the him. Plus, if we sign Silva, Barca will probably not sign another CB until Silva starts to under perform. By that time Marquinhos would be in another team.

Last edited:

Meitux

It would never happen cause Puyol wont be fit again 100 %, he will only have some games.Well except the fact that we wont take Silva :lol:

Last edited:

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
It's incredible how some of you guys think that if we sign marquinhos he'll develop into a top player for sure, and how 35m is better spent on marquinhos instead of silva, if we spend 35m on silva we will have a top CB for the next 3 to 4 years whereas marquinhos might never become a top player, one really good season and people think he is worth 35m, never imagined there would be so many fanboys here, one thing is for certain marquinhos next season is not a solution to our current problems

Meitux

What i know is he surely isnt worth 35 million but how you know that he will never become a top player?And i also know that you cant take Silva for 35 mil cause actually even if you give 50 they are clear hes not for sale.So whats your point?

Arachnid

It's incredible how some of you guys think that if we sign marquinhos he'll develop into a top player for sure, and how 35m is better spent on marquinhos instead of silva, if we spend 35m on silva we will have a top CB for the next 3 to 4 years whereas marquinhos might never become a top player, one really good season and people think he is worth 35m, never imagined there would be so many fanboys here, one thing is for certain marquinhos next season is not a solution to our current problems

Some of us just think that there's no way we are getting TSilva. Not for 35 mil, not for 135 mil, nor 3500 million euros. That kind of money is chicken feed to them.

BigBarcaBoy

Some of us just think that there's no way we are getting TSilva. Not for 35 mil, not for 135 mil, nor 3500 million euros. That kind of money is chicken feed to them.

Have to agree, short of kidnapping the guy and bringing him over it's not going to happen. The club ahve got themselves in a mess because they didn't act last summer or even before and the obsession with Neymar looks like it could cost us to rebuild the team where it is really needed.

Shegzy

This whole saga makes you realise there is a serious shortage of quality cb's right now.

there is no serious shortage of quality cb it just that we are looking for a quality cb to complement pique and the ones that fit are either too expensive,too young,or already playing for a top european club.most of the cb that are quality and not that expensive are in the pique mold.if not for pique we could have gotten hummels.

Stric

Yup, people talk about Marquinhos' future as the best CB in the world as if it is a given... The kid is 19! No one even bothers to think that he might grow into an okay CB and nothing more. But sure, 30+ mil. for him is a better choice than 40+ for Silva. :lol:

Arachnid

Yup, people talk about Marquinhos' future as the best CB in the world as if it is a given... The kid is 19! No one even bothers to think that he might grow into an okay CB and nothing more. But sure, 30+ mil. for him is a better choice than 40+ for Silva. :lol:

But again... how are we going to convince PSG to sell just for 40 million they don't need? I'll freakin' kiss the ground Rosell treads in if he manages such a miracle, because I just don't see it.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
What i know is he surely isnt worth 35 million but how you know that he will never become a top player?And i also know that you cant take Silva for 35 mil cause actually even if you give 50 they are clear hes not for sale.So whats your point?

so you want to take a chance hoping he'll turn out to be a world class CB instead of signing an already world class CB? and also in no way will marquinhos be reliable next season if he signs, remember we've never needed a top CB as much as now

Stric

But again... how are we going to convince PSG to sell just for 40 million they don't need? I'll freakin' kiss the ground Rosell treads in if he manages such a miracle, because I just don't see it.

I never said we could get him for 40. I compared 30+ for Marcos and 40+ for Silva.

Home of Barca Fans