Thiago Silva

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lucas was always a long-term prospect who was overhyped immensely, partly because Man Utd really wanted him too, but he chose PSG ultimately.

The problem was that crazy fee and the crazy high expactations. All because of the hype.

DrPepper

The way Bertus has described it also suggests a tactical problem. Silva's game is more about details rather than crunching tackles or scoring goals - not that he doesn't or isn't able to do that obviously - but that way he needs a manager to give stability and defensive structure. Ancelotti is good at optimising performances, while Blanc doesn't seem to be that level.

I think in terms of tactical intelligence TS is still (by far) the best, but because of injuries has declined physically. Still G(D)OAT. If there was no transfer ban for us and PSG willing to sell, get him asap.

Still remember his performance against Barca in 2013. Never seen something so good.

Last edited:
lol there are barely any indications of a "tactical" problem with Silva, while literally everything else (mental breakdown, injuries, unhappiness etc) points to personal

Paganinisrvnge

He should've come to Barcelona when he had the chance. Maybe he could've gotten a CL win before Xavi and Iniesta started to decline. Now he's starting to fade and although he's absolutely class, his injury problems plus age make him a bigger risk.

EdmondDantes

He has been phenomenal since the turn of the year. He's finally himself again. He's the type of player you cherish, even if he doesn't play for your team. I've been watching him since he was at Fluminense when I used to watch a lot more South American football. His stint at AC Milan was legendary too.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He has been phenomenal since the turn of the year. He's finally himself again. He's the type of player you cherish, even if he doesn't play for your team. I've been watching him since he was at Fluminense when I used to watch a lot more South American football. His stint at AC Milan was legendary too.

Wasn't that game where they conceded 4 this year? But yeah he's been better in recent weeks.

Bertus

Marquinhos said yesterday he (TS) was the best player on the field.

It's true he was everywhere on the field.

Also, the rage he has. He went and slapped Rabiot in the face after Rabiot scored his first goal.

Then he went and tried to pull Rabiot's hair out when the latter scored his second goal :rofl1:

Didn't see a fired up TS like that since the season 2012/2013.

Last edited:

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Nice to hear. He is one of my favourite defenders of the last 10 years. I wonder what made him step it up again.

DrPepper

One of those players you can't dislike. Maybe hasn't been as good as usual after the World Cup, but still better than everyone else.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszon...er-stats/51090/OVERALL_04#tabs-wrapper-anchor

Was successful in every defensive action he attempted. :worthy: Also definitely the best passing CB in the world.

He will be vital against Chelsea. Already nullified Diego Costa in the first leg, which isn't the easiest of tasks. Still PSG will probably go out.

Bertus

One of those players you can't dislike. Maybe hasn't been as good as usual after the World Cup, but still better than everyone else.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszon...er-stats/51090/OVERALL_04#tabs-wrapper-anchor

Was successful in every defensive action he attempted. :worthy: Also definitely the best passing CB in the world.

He will be vital against Chelsea. Already nullified Diego Costa in the first leg, which isn't the easiest of tasks. Still PSG will probably go out.
Well, it's only since the new year that TS made a big come back.

It's a good thing, but it won't erase the fact he was underperforming (when he was not injured) for now more than a year till last january.

DrPepper

Still the best (of all time). :worthy:

If there's one regret I'm always going to have as a Barca fan, then it's never having seen him play for us.

Home of Barca Fans