Thiago Silva

at his own club alone , Marquinhos is. Waiting for Bertus' seal though, as I watched only a portion of games this season and the last
There was an undeniable drop in his performances since last april

Last edited:
I used to like him. He was my favorite non barça player at one point (wasn't difficult, total beast that he was)

DrPepper
He might not be the best, but there's no one better than him

Quote Originally Posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
Waiting for Bertus' seal though, as I watched only a portion of games this season and the last
Then you shouldn't really judge him...

See what I did there ? or rather what you did there ? :lol:

Bertus

So, from best defender in the world to scared & moody puppy in the span of a year. It's shocking really. I watched him the whole 2012-2013 season and he was orgasmic
We're not all Blanc who's blind, deaf and with a quarter brain only, so of course anyone can see he's not top level anymore.

Here how it went:

- First year at PSG. Incredible. He was the best defenser I've ever seen. Topping his performances from Milan. Here just an example of what was written everywhere on the web at the time : "The imperious Thiago Silva's clearance denied Barca a second goal".

I remember him in CL after that win against PORTO, going to see Carlo, shaking hands, then later bumping his chest with rage against carlo's belly when french journalists were chasing him :lol:

- Then Carlo left. We will never know if it had any effect, but that's when TS started his decline. He had a very average season last year. Mix of average performances and repeated injuries.

- He arrived at the WC with a lot of pressure. People believed he had a bad year with PSG because of that. But I think that's not entirely true. I think he's missing that rage to win. That flame he had on the field, that thing that made him be a human wall.

- Past the WC, he wanted to play without any training after his holidays. Since Blanc had no authority, he didn't stop TS and right after he entered the field, he got a severe injury.

- Since he came back, he's very average and even DL is better than him. Actually, PSG's defense was way more impressive with DL and Marquinhos. As you all saw it during the first leg against Barcelona.

- Now here we are. He's average, and a puppy on the field. Blanc should shake him up or put him on the bench, but he will never do it as he fears the dressing room reaction because he has 0 authority.

The sol solution is to shake him up, but you can't expect Blanc to be the one to do it.

Hope my summary will be enough. Feel free to ask any question.

thanks, it's pretty much as I saw it, still a bit clueless as to what exactly fucked him up, since TS used to recover his level quickly after injuries (and the WC is done and gone)

i remember that porto game. it was a cornerstone for PSG, they picked up collective form that night.

JamDav1982

We're not all Blanc who's blind, deaf and with a quarter brain only, so of course anyone can see he's not top level anymore.

Here how it went:

- First year at PSG. Incredible. He was the best defenser I've ever seen. Topping his performances from Milan. Here just an example of what was written everywhere on the web at the time : "The imperious Thiago Silva's clearance denied Barca a second goal".

I remember him in CL after that win against PORTO, going to see Carlo, shaking hands, then later bumping his chest with rage against carlo's belly when french journalists were chasing him :lol:

- Then Carlo left. We will never know if it had any effect, but that's when TS started his decline. He had a very average season last year. Mix of average performances and repeated injuries.

- He arrived at the WC with a lot of pressure. People believed he had a bad year with PSG because of that. But I think that's not entirely true. I think he's missing that rage to win. That flame he had on the field, that thing that made him be a human wall.

- Past the WC, he wanted to play without any training after his holidays. Since Blanc had no authority, he didn't stop TS and right after he entered the field, he got a severe injury.

- Since he came back, he's very average and even DL is better than him. Actually, PSG's defense was way more impressive with DL and Marquinhos. As you all saw it during the first leg against Barcelona.

- Now here we are. He's average, and a puppy on the field. Blanc should shake him up or put him on the bench, but he will never do it as he fears the dressing room reaction because he has 0 authority.

The sol solution is to shake him up, but you can't expect Blanc to be the one to do it.

Hope my summary will be enough. Feel free to ask any question.

Do you think he has been a waste of money/wages and money could have been used better?

question not asked to me but:

he was immense in his first season and his joint signing with Ibrahimovic lifted the club in a higher dimension. It really meant a huge deal.
Pastore for 42m, on the other hand... :p

Bertus

thanks, it's pretty much as I saw it, still a bit clueless as to what exactly fucked him up, since TS used to recover his level quickly after injuries (and the WC is done and gone)

i remember that porto game. it was a cornerstone for PSG, they picked up collective form that night.
I always try to be sincere and to not let my favoritism to take over logic.

So, I will say it. I think him coming at PSG just killed him as a football player.

- He didn't want to leave Milan. Milan pushed him out because they needed money. Milan and Leonardo convinced him to pick PSG over Barcelona.

- I think that he wanted to join Barcelona after his first season with PSG, especially since Carlo left. He was very close to Carlo. He repeatedly said that he didn't want Carlo to leave.

- But PSG is not a little club anymore and he faced a wall. When PSG doesn't want to sell a player, then you can't do anything. It's different for coaches, and since RM snatched Carlo, the qataries were like angry mobs that just got humiliated and so nothing would have changed anything about TS or any other PSG players. QSI said that PSG is not a selling club. I think that money talk was just an excuse. Plain and simple. When you join PSG, you're trapped. (BTW, I think Cavani is the same. He's following the same pattern. He got blocked last summer by QSI, and now he doesn't care anymore).

- I think TS is not happy here anymore. He was happy under Carlo, but now I think anyone can feel he doesn't care anymore.

Do you think he has been a waste of money/wages and money could have been used better?

PSG definitely should have sold him to Barca during summer 2013. But that's too easy to say that now while he had an incredible season that year.

I don't regret it tho, as a PSG fan and as french fan of football. To think I had the pinnacle of what a CB should be as a part of my most favorite club is an incredible feeling.

Now past that, I'm sad for him, because as I said, I always try to be logical. And what I logically think is that he needs to leave PSG as he's not happy here at all.

Bertus

question not asked to me but:

he was immense in his first season and his joint signing with Ibrahimovic lifted the club in a higher dimension. It really meant a huge deal.
Pastore for 42m, on the other hand... :p

Performances wise:

- Zlatan, Verratti, Maxwell, TS, Marquinhos <<<< good transfers

- Lucas Moura, Motta, Lavezzi, Cavani, Pastore, Digne, Aurier <<<< horrible transfers.

DL should join the retarded transfers train soon enough if not already.

Last edited:

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I had the pleasure of watching Nesta-Silva every week for a few years

Although it was Nesta with the injury problems :p

I expect him to come back in a few years.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Performances wise:

- Zlatan, Verratti, Maxwell, TS, Marquinhos <<<< good transfers

- Lucas Moura, Motta, Lavezzi, Cavani, Pastore, Digne, Aurier <<<< horrible transfers.

DL should join the retarded transfers train soon enough if not already.

Isn't Lucas doing quite well this sesaon?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lucas is only 22. Think you should cut him some slack Bertus. The only problem with him was his insane transfer fee, but that's on PSG, not Lucas Moura.

we're talking from the club's perspective here

10 good games don't make up for 100 bad ones. I doubt anyone would splash 40m on either Pastore or Lucas at the moment. And looking back on what they have achieved until now, it isn't much.

Home of Barca Fans