Thiago Silva

PearLBLacK

Banned
Yes, Pepe. For all his mental problems and douchebaggery he is one of the best defenders around. Wouldn't say top 3 but definitely top 10.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Well, let's hope for Hummels, even though he's not as pacey as we would like him to be, but neither are Pique and Puyol so stop complaing.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
IIRC he denied Real Madrid several times.

I really do miss him at Milan, i loved watching him, so complete and to top it of very clean and elegant. consistent, it was always a pleasure to watch him & i was left impressed without fail. Ah well too bad.

El Gato

Villarato!
i still think an in form Piqué easily makes a top 10 CBs in the world list though...

Top 10 CBs (no order) IMO...

Thiago Silva
Vincent Kompany
Giorgio Chiellini
Mats Hummels
Raphaël Varane
Jan Vertonghen
Neven Subotić
Daniel Agger
Carles Puyol
Gerard Piqué

Good effort. Puyol is past it and I wouldn't put Agger there either. Both out with Pepe and Ramos in.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
i still think an in form Piqué easily makes a top 10 CBs in the world list though...

Top 10 CBs (no order) IMO...

Thiago Silva
Vincent Kompany
Giorgio Chiellini
Mats Hummels
Raphaël Varane
Jan Vertonghen
Neven Subotić
Daniel Agger
Carles Puyol
Gerard Piqué

Dante?

Antimadridista1

Varane ? Joke ? All the defenders you talked about are playing for a long time !!! Let this young guy play two or three seasons at top level and then have a look at his ranking.
Ramos definitely in the top 3 of best defenders in the world.
Still think that Zubi made one of the biggest mistake ever to let Thiago Silva and Vertonghen to PSG and Tottenham... JUST imagin if they were present, with Pique and Puyol .....

1 Thiago Silva
2 Sergio Ramos
3 Chiellini
4 Kompany
5 Hummels
6 Dante
7 Vertonghen
8 Puyol
9 Barzagli
10 David Luiz

Last edited:

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Why is Kompany on this list? He has been out injured for quite a while and has been meh when he played this season, Vidic on the other hand has been a monster lately and deserves to be on any list.

10 David Luiz

:rofl1:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
This guy was immense, and as said before, the leadership he showed today was similar to those shown by the all-time greats... I admit I haven't watched him play much in PSG, but I'm very impressed at how he commanded their back line...

PearLBLacK

Banned
i forgot Ramos so replace Agger with him but i'd take the 10 players i listed over Pepe any day...

What does personal preference have to do with player rating? Busquets is among top 10 DMs but I don't like him, yet I don't deny his rightful recognition as one of the best. Likewise Pepe, you can hate him all you want but the fact of the matter is he's one of the best defenders today.

SwiftGuyver

What does personal preference have to do with player rating? Busquets is among top 10 DMs but I don't like him, yet I don't deny his rightful recognition as one of the best. Likewise Pepe, you can hate him all you want but the fact of the matter is he's one of the best defenders today.

i actually stated that i had listed the 10 best CBs in my opinion and i fail to see how personal preference doesn't come into player rating. you rate Pepe as top 10 and i don't, different opinions, no facts...

PearLBLacK

Banned
You don't rate him top 10 because you don't think he's a good defender, or because you don't like his personality/attitude? Don't get me wrong, you're free to your opinion, just clarify that part for me.

SwiftGuyver

You don't rate him top 10 because you don't think he's a good defender, or because you don't like his personality/attitude? Don't get me wrong, you're free to your opinion, just clarify that part for me.

i don't rate him top 10 because i don't think he's as good as Thiago Silva, Kompany, Chiellini, Ramos, Hummels, Vertonghen, Subotić, Puyol, Piqué & Varane...

i'd probably put Vidić ahead of him as well...

good defender though obviously...

Home of Barca Fans