Thiago Silva

XaviMessiGirl

Admittedly a strong bias makes it hard for me to put Pepe in a top 10 anything (besides maybe top 10 psychopaths) but it's probably true that he's one of the top 10 CB's right now. I would not put Varane yet, but at the rate he is going, he surely will be in that list in the next couple years. And Puyol (though a beast in his prime & don't get me wrong he's still great) isn't the same as he used to be & has probably fallen off the top 10. And Pique, too many mistakes lately.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Replace Pique, Puyol and Agger with any of Pepe, Ramos, Bonucci, Barzagli, Dante, maybe Vidic too.

Puyol is not very good anymore and Pique is hardly ever in form.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Here's my top 10 based on this season (in no particular order)

Ramos
Chiellini
Dante
Vertonghen
Thiago Silva
Hummels
Barzagli
Pepe
Vidic
Nastasic

PearLBLacK

Banned
Here's my top 10 based on this season (in no particular order)

Ramos
Chiellini
Dante
Vertonghen
Thiago Silva
Hummels
Barzagli
Pepe
Vidic
Nastasic

You're basing it on this season yet leave out Varane? Your argument would be he hasn't shown it as long as the others have over the years. But he has been playing since October/November, and he certainly played as much as Vidic has this season. So if the basis of your list is this season, I don't see why Varane shouldn't be in there.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
You're basing it on this season yet leave out Varane? Your argument would be he hasn't shown it as long as the others have over the years. But he has been playing since October/November, and he certainly played as much as Vidic has this season. So if the basis of your list is this season, I don't see why Varane shouldn't be in there.

Hmm, you got me there, I overlooked that. Head to head, I'd definitely say Varane has been better than Vidic in the playing time they've had. Although now that I think about it, Demichelis has been more solid than both of them overall. So I'd switch out Vidic for Varane/Demichelis

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Thiago Silva; we could have had it all. Damn, what a beast yesterday and absolutely in my top 3 defenders atm. Why did we have to get Song and didn't we splash the cash on Silva? :( Why Zubi, WHYYYY??? :facepalm: :cry:

;)

dostoevskij

Thiago Silva; we could have had it all. Damn, what a beast yesterday and absolutely in my top 3 defenders atm. Why did we have to get Song and didn't we splash the cash on Silva? :( Why Zubi, WHYYYY??? :facepalm: :cry:

;)

Because it was a ridiculous prize for a 28 yr CB.
Get over it! Silva will never play at Barca...

Chainsaw

Killahead
Yes he was way overpriced for his age. The problem was not getting Silva. The problem was why Barca didn't get any remarkable CB when the club was in dire need of a one and instead went for another DM who barely play.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Keita left so we needed a replacement and you got to remember that Mascherano had a very good last season (even voted among top 2-3 performers) so they were kinda logical in their pursuit for Song who they believed would also covert to CB if necessary.

Meh, with Busquets playing every game we should have looked for a CB who can eventually help out at DM (TS can) and not the other way around.
It's true that Masche had a very good last season, but even then it was clear to plenty that defense needed reinforcement

BigBarcaBoy

;)
Please remember Milan said they wouldn't sell until they got blown out of the water by PSG and his wages are unbelievable, he would have been a great signing though.

Cule4life

The Culest
i don't rate him top 10 because i don't think he's as good as Thiago Silva, Kompany, Chiellini, Ramos, Hummels, Vertonghen, Subotić, Puyol, Piqué & Varane...

i'd probably put Vidić ahead of him as well...

good defender though obviously...

Pique>Pepe? :lol:

Home of Barca Fans