Ursegor

World Champion
There's nothing to lament but Qatari cash killing the transfer and game

Indeed. He should be wearing this jersey instead:

Barca%2Bawayshirt.jpg

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Indeed. He should be wearing this jersey instead:

Qatari ownership vs Qatari sponsor means deeper pockets otherwise Silva would indeed be wearing blaugrana colors...But Qatari involvement in football is killing the game, all the same

Yet another thanks to Rosell

Do you realise the irony of your statement ?

Nothing ironic about what I wrote, meant every word

Last edited:
I still cannot understand why we didn;t go for Vertonghen, about 9 million pounds, now Levy wouldn't sell him for double that !

I think we should go for him, though it would have made a lot more sense to get him last year. If we don't sell anyone, we should have around 30m to spend on a CB (I'm guessing the GK will cost around 20m). We might as well use it.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
He wasn't going anywhere last season, was only sold because PSG sweetened the deal with Ibrahimovic, he didn't want to leave.

Y

Youngie

Can't compare Vertonghen to T Silva really.

And Silva (unlike Ramos or Pique for example) needs no one next to him in the defense.

Obviously Silva had someone next to him in defense but I didn't notice in the 90 mins. One man show. Amazing

ammarfcb

ze special one
Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 17h
Thiago Silva put in the performance of his career. What a day to call him over-rated. In hindsight, I should have waited. #bastard

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 18h
Have to take back what I said about Thiago Silva being over rated today. Been immense tonight. Still looks like a overweight ladyboy though!
the KING has spoken!

jamrock

Can't compare Vertonghen to T Silva really.

And Silva (unlike Ramos or Pique for example) needs no one next to him in the defense.

Obviously Silva had someone next to him in defense but I didn't notice in the 90 mins. One man show. Amazing

Did you see him at the Olympics, clearly he like every top defender needs a capable partner that compliments him

F

Flavia

Keita left so we needed a replacement and you got to remember that Mascherano had a very good last season (even voted among top 2-3 performers) so they were kinda logical in their pursuit for Song who they believed would also covert to CB if necessary.
Vertonghen would be a better cover for dm than Song is for cb. Song was a mistake.

spark

Jamrock has an agenda, it's pointless. Olympics :lol: i mean come on.

But even outside the Olympics playing for the national team with David Luiz had left him looking below himself, having to do two player's work. What he said isnt laughable. Alex isnt that good anymore but he at least stays in his position and doesn't go charging around like he thinks he is Beckenbauer a la Luiz. Same with his partnership with Lucio before that, and its no coincidence that Luico and Luiz have the same style.

Home of Barca Fans