Thiago Translantara

gatsu

Dont want anywhere near Barça. 27 years old and he hanven't matured at all. No influence on the game and too much looking himeself on a mirror.

BerkeleyBernie

Must have been watching another game than me. His brain is much faster than the rest of the team, holds the ball for less time and always looking to move it to space or into attack. Xavi influence very evident.

But gameplay went mostly down the left with Iniesta and Isco, with Isco trying to penetrate forward every time he touched the ball, regardless of the positioning of the defenders or his teammates.

FCBfan22

Must have been watching another game than me. His brain is much faster than the rest of the team, holds the ball for less time and always looking to move it to space or into attack. Xavi influence very evident.

But gameplay went mostly down the left with Iniesta and Isco, with Isco trying to penetrate forward every time he touched the ball, regardless of the positioning of the defenders or his teammates.

That was Iniesta. Thiago was completely invisible during 1st half and didn't do much in the 2nd.

Donatello

Seems like you really watched some other game.

Kept passing sideways,
Was slow,
A defensive liability despite playing deep,
Was invisible for most of the time

Overall he was pathetic ,and was taken off in the second half.

And, Comparing Thiago to Xavi is like comparing Bojan to Messi.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

For me, he was the second best player after Isco. Iniesta did well too but made the mistake for the first goal. Thiago's passing was very clever and completed all his passing in the 1st half, he set the tempo for the game which the quality we are missing. Spain's problems were in the defense (Ramos and Pique) not the midfield. Pragmatic people here won't appreciate what a player like Thiago brings to the game.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Thought he played fine. Carvajal and Silva didn't give him much to work with.

The left side of Iniesta/Isco/Alba is hard to outshine too.

BerkeleyBernie

Yep, left side is definitely stronger, mostly due to Carvajal, and I'm sure the instructions are generally to prefer to attack in that direction. On the other hand, Thiago is smart enough to know when to advance the attack down the right wing while still looking for the reverse field cross option or movement through the middle. Pique and Ramos need to give the ball to the creative midfielders more quickly and let them make the decisions most of the time.

Donatello

For me, he was the second best player after Isco. Iniesta did well too but made the mistake for the first goal. Thiago's passing was very clever and completed all his passing in the 1st half, he set the tempo for the game which the quality we are missing. Spain's problems were in the defense (Ramos and Pique) not the midfield. Pragmatic people here won't appreciate what a player like Thiago brings to the game.

If you think passing sideways is such an asset, and sets the tempo of the game then why hate Gomes.. And Also he has around 90% pass completion rate that you're taking about.

There's a reason why we was the lowest rated player in spain NT against Morocco.

He plays with mediocre opponents in Bundesliga, who are way below in terms of quality in La Liga. This is what happens when he plays against top opponents (Morocco weren't even that). Not worth 70 million at all.

Home of Barca Fans