Thiago Translantara

vlad

Nothing to do with being tall and strong , Iniesta and Xavi were the best there ever has been in the game.

Then why barca didnt have more success in.CL? Or you maybe think that with best midfield duo and young messi, 2 cl in 4 years with two semifinals is enough?

Raki13

Barca even at their best period under pep wasnt good in CL as this madrid side, 2 cl in 4 years and easiest was 2011 where barca didnt faced strong defensive sides, 2009 not so much, barca could play only possession football and when opponents were puting strong block, barca was without ideas, couldnt score from set pieces, didnt counter attack, and players were geting bullied and barca didnt have answer

Now for some of you dream midfield is without rakitic, with thiago, busi, alena and that guy arthur, basically you want to see simething similar like under pep, but that guys are not near xavi and iniesta level, and with best midfield duo and messi at his peak, barca didnt had answer for strong defensive side, so if you want to dominate in la liga vs low teams all that with beautiful gameplay, yes, with such midfield that could be possibble, but then comes CL and barca will struggle to reach quarters if they will not have lucky draw.

Winning formula for CL is strenght in midfield mixed with great technicall skills, only technical midfield will not take you far

First paragraph is absolute garbage , Guardiolas Barca team was the greatest ever side to play the game and most pundits and managers agree.

Raki13

Then why barca didnt have more success in.CL? Or you maybe think that with best midfield duo and young messi, 2 cl in 4 years with two semifinals is enough?

Tell me two midfielders in the same team who were better than those two at their peak.

MagIX

I hope we do not buy him, i hope we do not buy him, x 1000
I hope that we manage to forget the golden age of pep boys, I hope that that we manage to forget the golden age of pep boys, x 1000

Joan

I think that I have wrote this 1000 times, but let's do it again.

Barca's midfielders are short, physically weak and usually slow.
Kroos and Casemiro are tall, strong and technical.
We don't have that.
Modric and Casemiro are faster than our guys also.
We don't have that.
Casemiro is a thug.
We don't have that.
We have only schoolboys.
Plus, add a mental strength and leadership of Kroos, Modric... and Thiago.

So, Barca is looking for only technique.
While Real has both technique, more height, more muscles, more pace, more aggression, mental strength and leadership.

Further, their attack can score from possession, counters, crosses, corners and longshots.
We can't score from crosses, counters and corners.

So, no, Real is NOT winning Cls because of players of Thiago's type.

Still no one replied: please write your 433 lineup with Thiago.

The moment I saw the discussion I knew this was coming. :lol:

vlad

First paragraph is absolute garbage , Guardiolas Barca team was the greatest ever side to play the game and most pundits and managers agree.

Ok, but why they couldnt defend CL title? At least get in finals when they didnt win, is it about luck, referees or because they couldnt get past vs defensive teams?

Guardiola barca was most beautiful team ever played, but not most successful

Trickykid

If you want to copy Pep's 433 with light, short, technical players, Thiago is good.
But neither that style (as we have seen lately with Barca, Pep and a mighty Spain with 100 light midfielders) won't be too good, especially outside La liga.

If you want some 442 or some different 433, with different type of players, why not to Pogba?

Also, I am asking this question often, but I don't get too much replies.
Trickykid and GeorgeCostanza, if you were a coach, how would you play 433 in the next season?

A hint, please, please don't reply with some 433 without Suarez and Rakitic.
I will cry for the next 24 hours then.

Guys, please don't make me cry.
I love you :).

Why do you deflect the Pogba question like that? Especially considering I don't think that I have ever entered the big 433/442 discussion.

khaled_a_d

Nothing to do with being tall and strong , Iniesta and Xavi were the best there ever has been in the game.

You said it yourself, best ever in the game. That is the level you need to be in order to get dominant midfield. Thiago isn't even remotely close to them

gasgas

I think that I have wrote this 1000 times, but let's do it again.

Barca's midfielders are short, physically weak and usually slow.
Kroos and Casemiro are tall, strong and technical.
We don't have that.
Modric and Casemiro are faster than our guys also.
We don't have that.
Casemiro is a thug.
We don't have that.
We have only schoolboys.
Plus, add a mental strength and leadership of Kroos, Modric... and Thiago.

So, Barca is looking for only technique.
While Real has both technique, more height, more muscles, more pace, more aggression, mental strength and leadership.

Further, their attack can score from possession, counters, crosses, corners and longshots.
We can't score from crosses, counters and corners.

So, no, Real is NOT winning Cls because of players of Thiago's type.

Still no one replied: please write your 433 lineup with Thiago.
what do you think of this?

................................Ter stegen
semedo........manolas.....umtiti..........alba
.................busquets...........kante.............
..dembele....rakitic/paulinho.....coutinho
.............................messi........

With Messi and Paulinho frequently interchanging

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Hahaha RM were floundering about for years with the likes of Khedira, Alonso, Lass, etc. manning their midfield with "muscles" and aggression. They add Kroos, Modric, and Isco and win 4 CL's.

But yeah, muscles won them the CL eh? Argentina weren't fairing too well with "thugs" like Perez and Mascherano out there at CM over a guy like Banega who could actually make plays.

And this idea that Kroos is a physical player with high motor and intensity just because he's 6ft tall is funny. Thiago is far more active on the defensive end, hell there are quite a few "midgets" more defensively active than Kroos.

The entire discussion about the sweet spot between "thugs" and "schoolboys" is just ridiculous.

Saladin

Hahaha RM were floundering about for years with the likes of Khedira, Alonso, Lass, etc. manning their midfield with "muscles" and aggression. They add Kroos, Modric, and Isco and win 4 CL's.

But yeah, muscles won them the CL eh? Argentina weren't fairing too well with "thugs" like Perez and Mascherano out there at CM over a guy like Banega who could actually make plays.

And this idea that Kroos is a physical player with high motor and intensity just because he's 6ft tall is funny. Thiago is far more active on the defensive end, hell there are quite a few "midgets" more defensively active than Kroos.

The entire discussion about the sweet spot between "thugs" and "schoolboys" is just ridiculous.

I removed my like so I could hit that like button again. Twice.

FCB50

Banned

2010 vs Inter: Iniesta injured, wrongly disallowed goal, two penalties denied, and volcano cloud fiasco before first leg

2012 vs Chelsea: Just terrible finishing. Any style of team will get knocked out if they miss that many chances, doesn't mean that our style was wrong.

i_bleed_blaugrana

2010 vs Inter: Iniesta injured, wrongly disallowed goal, two penalties denied, and volcano cloud fiasco before first leg

2012 vs Chelsea: Just terrible finishing. any style of team will get knocked out if they miss that many chances, nothing wrong with style.

If we had the sort of luck Real has had recently, Pep would have won 4 CLs in a row.

Not to mention:

Inter 10-Two offsides goals for Inter, without those two goals we go through to beat Bayern in the Bernabeu. But UEFA Madrid couldn’t let that happen.

Chelsea 12-Villa’s injury. We have him instead of that donkey Alexis, we go through to have much more 50/50 final against Bayern.

Home of Barca Fans