Thiago Translantara

Givenchy

he'll end up staying at Bayern. United don't need a midfielder and Chelsea aren't even in the CL, we cant afford him (unless we sell)

Donatello

Bayern are just acting strong, they know he isn't even worth half of what they are asking.

They just want to establish an image that they don't sell cheap, so better stay away from their players & that Bayern players don't come cheap.

I can see them accepting a significantly lower amount late in the market, after making some unnecessary fuss.

Anyways, Thiago isn't worth the effort. He isn't worth more than 40M, that too for a slow, inconsistent and injury prone player. Not a viable option imo.

soul24rage

can thiago play in a double pivot as EV is more than likely to play that? haven't watched bayern play for the past few years

Icarium

Lifestealer
Thiago is not inconsistent, he is injury prone and sometimes it takes time to get into form. I trust our doctors better than Bayern doctors. Also we will have Alena and Arthur to provide backup and Coutinho to play midfield when he gets injured. Thiago is a better fit because he is a decent dribbler and can open up spaces and has some creativity going forward. Can play with Busi and Rakitic. There is no other player of this profile. If we don't sign him, Coutinho will have to play in the wing and one of Dembele and Malcom need to step up and also Suarez to not have a shitty season if we want to win the CL. So many IFs, adding Thiago would ease some pressure. Also I really don't want to see anymore of Gomes in the lineup.

Donatello

Thiago is not inconsistent, he is injury prone and sometimes it takes time to get into form. I trust our doctors better than Bayern doctors. Also we will have Alena and Arthur to provide backup and Coutinho to play midfield when he gets injured. Thiago is a better fit because he is a decent dribbler and can open up spaces and has some creativity going forward. Can play with Busi and Rakitic. There is no other player of this profile. If we don't sign him, Coutinho will have to play in the wing and one of Dembele and Malcom need to step up and also Suarez to not have a shitty season if we want to win the CL. So many IFs, adding Thiago would ease some pressure. Also I really don't want to see anymore of Gomes in the lineup.

His brother gets treated from your so called "Trusted Barcelona Doctors". Still, we know the story.

Its in their genetics, having a better doctor won't help.

Icarium

Lifestealer
His brother gets treated from your so called "Trusted Barcelona Doctors". Still, we know the story.

How is this relevant lol. Bayern doctors are known for their inability in this, their players always get injured. Even there was a huge drama during pep time. While nothing of that sort happened at Barca. You sure don't like Thiago coming here, there are no alternatives. Face it.

FC433

Bayern are just acting strong, they know he isn't even worth half of what they are asking.

They just want to establish an image that they don't sell cheap, so better stay away from their players & that Bayern players don't come cheap.

I can see them accepting a significantly lower amount late in the market, after making some unnecessary fuss.

Anyways, Thiago isn't worth the effort. He isn't worth more than 40M, that too for a slow, inconsistent and injury prone player. Not a viable option imo.

Well said. Thiago will definitely add quality to us, but not 50m+ quality and let us not forget his wages too.

Andrew M

I'm not sure paying that amount is wise.

It's different with a young attacking player because if they are successful they make the difference where it matters on the pitch and their value will triple.

Donatello

How is this relevant lol. Bayern doctors are known for their inability in this, their players always get injured. Even there was a huge drama during pep time. While nothing of that sort happened at Barca. You sure don't like Thiago coming here, there are no alternatives. Face it.
Liking or disliking a player depends on circumstances. In current circumstances, yeah, I don't want him unless he is cheap.

We already have Gomes, Busquets, Arthur, Raki, Denis, Gomes, Alena, Oriol, Rafinha, Roberto, Coutinho in midfield.

If its the only option & for 70M, no thanks. I would rather wait for one year for other alternatives.

And you like Thiago too much, that you can't see past him.
Face it.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans