Thiago Translantara

mc_lovin

Fighting for a spot sounds nice, but it would be pretty impossible to bench a 70m+ world class player and another vastly more experienced player in Rakitic for guys like Arthur. Just sounds like overkill to me. As for Dembele and Malcom if: same shit when you play with Coutinho-Suarez-Messi.

YodaMaster

Fighting for a spot sounds nice, but it would be pretty impossible to bench a 70m+ world class player and another vastly more experienced player in Rakitic for guys like Arthur. Just sounds like overkill to me. As for Dembele and Malcom if: same shit when you play with Coutinho-Suarez-Messi.

Shouldn't be impossible since Valverde easily benched a 150m player past season and played another 150m player out of position. Rakitic's experience shouldn't mean anything. Yaya had more experience than Busquets, Henry had more experience than Pedro, Ibra had more experience than Bojan and Masche had more experience than Umtiti. Best performers simply have to play. Btw Thiago would immediately be our best CM and that for at least 1-2 seasons so we wouldn't even have to worry, because Thiago is that good.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

If we can get him under 55 million, great. But anything above that is a HUGE risk. He might play the whole season or just 10 games. You never know with him.

Icarium

Lifestealer
We are competing on three fronts, we need a competent squad, there will be plenty of rotation. Arthur, Dembele and Malcom need to earn their place in the lineup. Two players who left are Paulinho and Iniesta, both saw lot of minutes and even Gomes saw a fair share. You want to replace all of that with one young midfielder? Sell Gomes and Denis or Rafinha but bring a good midfielder.

Saladin

If we can get him under 55 million, great. But anything above that is a HUGE risk. He might play the whole season or just 10 games. You never know with him.

I Agree completely with your point. If it is possible, we should make the deal contingent on games played for a big part of the money fee; for instance, 40 million euros fixed payment and maybe 20-25 based on games played, titles won and overall performance clauses. That would give Bayern incentive to sell and us an incentive to pay more if Thiago proves to be a success. Win/win.

YodaMaster

there is no way that the board is competent enough to buy him for 50m. I expect the amount would be 70m+

Even for 70m it’s good. Listen people you have to realize that we spent 80+m for Gomes+Paulinho and none of these guys was good enough for Barca. 70m for a world class player who already knows the house and who’s only 27, is all right. We’ll get 70m with Digne’s and Paulinho’s sales, we’ll probably get another 40m with Mina’s and Vidal’s sales. If we also sell Rafinha, Gomes and Munir/Paco, that will bring some 50+m more. We only spent 100m in this transfer period. Since a WC midfielder is the last missing player, I don’t see any problem with putting 70m on Thiago. Even with that we’d have spent (lost with buy-sell combination) less than 100m this summer, which almost is a cheap summer for a club like Barca.

The only concern is Thiago’s injuries but again: Bayern’s medical team is trash, half of their players became injury prone since they joined them. Thiago wasn’t an injury prone player before Bayern. There’s no point in comparing him with Rafinha.

Last edited:

Devils

He's not even that good and is terribly injury prone.

We're not buying Luka Modric here, if anything this guy is more on the level of someone like Fabregas at 27.

Home of Barca Fans