Thiago Translantara

serghei

I'd say he's top 10 midfielders in the world, maybe borderline top 5 at a push. Yea, always thought he was a top player, but didn't like how he left the club. Albeit the club did fuck up as well.

A shame, because I think he could've won more than 1 CL at Barca and could've retired a club legend. As it is, he's less than Mathieu for Barca.

Last edited:

Yannik

bruh how the hell do people come up with a "lazy" stigma? Thiago is such a relentless presser, noone wins more balls in midfield that him.

FinBarcelonafan

He is a great player but would he fit our team? No! We already have Pjanic and DeJong. We need one more athletic midfielder not Thiago. If we didn't sign Pjanic then Thiago would be good.

Also, I would like to see a more athletic Barca for once.

fergus90

Thiago was the slowest Bayern player

Not everything is about speed, he has 360 awareness, can play quick one-two passes with his team-mates that recycles possessions and is excellent at manipulating the rhythm of the game. He plays passes between lines that our midfielders won't even bother attempting and despite not having that much pace and never has, gets himself around the park, presses and harasses and gets on the ball much more than any Barca midfielder.

Barca fans have become so used to seeing slow-sterile uninspiring midfielders, that they assume anyone with one similar attribute must be identical across the whole board.

KingLeo10

how the hell do people come up with a "lazy" stigma? Thiago is such a relentless presser, noone wins more balls in midfield that him.

Baffles me. After Xavi and Iniesta declined, the only 3-4 effortless midfielders I've seen are Modric, Thiago, Kroos, and KDB.

serghei

He is a great player but would he fit our team? No! We already have Pjanic and DeJong. We need one more athletic midfielder not Thiago. If we didn't sign Pjanic then Thiago would be good.

Also, I would like to see a more athletic Barca for once.

He would fit our team no doubt.

Pjanic - De Jong - Thiago. Makes perfect sense.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
As I’ve been saying for quite some time we need workhorses. People laughed at this concept but seem to agree it is the way forward in today’s football

Home of Barca Fans