Thiago Translantara

jamrock

There absolutely something wrong with how the club handle the Thiago situation, it was the first in a long set of signs of poor long term plan.

Windhook

He thought he was deserving of more playing minutes with a Xavi/Iniesta lineup in 2012/13. Unthinkable. I don't blame him for leaving the club at all. After all no La Masia talent made it at the club in the 2010's. Sergi Roberto is the only one, with limited impact and played in unnatural positions due to his versatility.

jamrock

He 100% didn't think that, that's just a narrative being made up, at no point did he make noise about being a starter, he made noise about not coming off the bench in multiple games where we already had it won and Tito sat him on the bench.

I remember reading an article by someone who was basically breaking down why he left and the reason he left the club didn't care and that was the reason, he's not stupid enough to think he should have started over Iniesta,Xavi and Cesc.

Simple planning for those above Tito, would have told him to ensure he plays enough, to avoid his clause being activated,then at that point if we decided to sell, the ball would be in our court, instead he left for 25M to a Bayern coached pep, which tells you just how highly he was rated.

Within two years of him leaving we sold cesc and Xavi starting to show his age.

If that's not yet another example of horrible planning by the Barto/Rosell clown show I don't know what is.

Birdy

Bayern had the chance to get him - and get him that cheap - because he did not have the required matches/minutes he should have had according to his contract. Somebody at Barca failed to notice that or did not care...

For us Bavarians he is mainly our legend as he spend the longest and best time with us. And he really left on good terms in 2020. And is sorrowly missed since then as we miss the type of player.

I actually prefer him to be an assistant coach to Hansi as I thought that he might take over a job at Xabi Alonso at the beginning. Somewhat it seems naturally that he will be a coach.

Thanks for confirming from a Bavarian pov

Birdy

He wasn't better than Cesc either at that time, not to mention that Cesc played a far more offensive role and even played some games as a striker.
Further, there is the performance principle. The better player plays. Thiago demanded minutes from players who deserved it more to play. It was arrogant and thankfully Barca didn't fulfill him his wish. He would have left either way going further, making maybe more demands. He never was rooted in Barcelona, there were never serious rumours about him wanting to return. There was absolutely nothing wrong with how the club treated the personality.

Xavi wasn't better than Thiago in 13/14 or in 14/15.
You probably comparing with Xavi of 08/11...

He thought he was deserving of more playing minutes with a Xavi/Iniesta lineup in 2012/13. Unthinkable. I don't blame him for leaving the club at all. After all no La Masia talent made it at the club in the 2010's. Sergi Roberto is the only one, with limited impact and played in unnatural positions due to his versatility.
Thiago needed to be shown some faith and some respect. He didn't want more minutes than Xavi in 12/13, but a pathway of faith so that he can believe he will be starter in the following seasons
Playing him so little in 12/13 was disrespect and lack of faith

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sounds like the players and coaching staff are happy with him so far. Perhaps he'll be open to become a permanent part of Flick's staff for the upcoming season.

Get him to work with Frenkie so he can make him and his thick brain understand that he need to release the ball faster.

Maradona37

He was a very very talented player. I always liked him.

As Birdy says he did well at Bayern. However, a player of his quality should have done a lot more with his career. Injuries and what might have been.

Still had a better career than 99 percent of players who play this beautiful game.

Home of Barca Fans