Thiago Translantara

karthik

Keep this Fabregas obsession for another year. Xavi will be older and Fabregas cheaper. Give Thiago some space to show himself this year and we may completely forget about Fabregas.

The point is he doesnt have to show himself this year. He is too young for that and thats why the club realising his potential has given him a contract till 2015.

Also Pep has a plan for Thiago's progress and he has been pretty successful incorporating the kids into the team. He will get his minutes. Cesc will take Keite's. One favourite kills the other when the kid grows calm and safe in the garden :)

Chainsaw

Killahead
The point is he doesnt have to show himself this year. He is too young for that and thats why the club realising his potential has given him a contract till 2015.

Also Pep has a plan for Thiago's progress and he has been pretty successful incorporating the kids into the team. He will get his minutes. Cesc will take Keite's. One favourite kills the other when the kid grows calm and safe in the garden :)

Your points are all valid coming from a dreamland. But in reality it's not as safe and sound as you assume.

And talking about Pep plan for Thiago it is something that time will tell, not now. Thiago seemingly is a boy with some ego, more than his usual youngsters. I personally don't see that much royality to the club Barcelona in him when he becomes fed up with lack of playing time. Cesc arrival is not just an issue for this season but for the next seasons as well. Because all of Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas will remain in the club for some years and from all the aspects Thiago will still remain the 4th choice behind those three, and by the years that pass you can't call Thiago a kid anymore cause he will age and his ego will become bigger as well. Even if he surpass Fabregas, then Cesc start to moan about the lack of playing time.

Therefore, I honestly don't get this obsession with getting Fabregas now. I still think it won't happen this summer.

karthik

Your points are all valid coming from a dreamland. But in reality it's not as safe and sound as you assume.

And talking about Pep plan for Thiago it is something that time will tell, not now. Thiago seemingly is a boy with some ego, more than his usual youngsters. I personally don't see that much royality to the club Barcelona in him when he becomes fed up with lack of playing time. Cesc arrival is not just an issue for this season but for the next seasons as well. Because all of Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas will remain in the club for some years and from all the aspects Thiago will still remain the 4th choice behind those three, and by the years that pass you can't call Thiago a kid anymore cause he will age and his ego will become bigger as well. Even if he surpass Fabregas, then Cesc start to moan about the lack of playing time.

Therefore, I honestly don't get this obsession with getting Fabregas now. I still think it won't happen this summer.

Everything is from dreamland when it comes to us, the fans mate. We do not know what they do down there. Lets wait and watch :)

LaMessiah

I don't blame Mazinho... How can the club expect him to be calm when they are bending their backs and trying to reach their own asses, all for a player who couldn't stay patient when he was a fucking 16 year old!?

An impatient 16 year old? no way, impossible.

and as i've said before, the street that lead Cesc out of barca goes both ways, people seem to forget that

jamrock

I am wondering if pep is the guy we should be trusting to plan the development of thiago seeing that he has at most two seasons left at the club.he has no vested interest in seeing thiago develop over the long term.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Depends on how desperate he/his entourage is really. He'll probably play 20-25 games next season but is that enough for him?

I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave next summer.

LaMessiah

I am wondering if pep is the guy we should be trusting to plan the development of thiago seeing that he has at most two seasons left at the club.he has no vested interest in seeing thiago develop over the long term.

That's just silly... he got the b team promoted, brought along those youngsters to the first team and has allowed the time to make two of them into two of the most important on the team. He's proven plenty that he has the long-term interest of this team's young players at heart.

And there's more young players than Thiago

jamrock

That's just silly... he got the b team promoted, brought along those youngsters to the first team and has allowed the time to make two of them into two of the most important on the team. He's proven plenty that he has the long-term interest of this team's young players at heart.

And there's more young players than Thiago

thats what you call vested interest.

Phatroonaldo

You really think Pep puts priority on that rather than the benefit of the team? I don't

Pep's just another human being, he's just doing what anyone else would do. Fabregas would ensure him the treble, making his CV even better.

But short term planning like this is not always the right option. In this case, it would be very bad for not only Thiago but also rest of the youth academy players.

F

Flavia

Pep's just another human being, he's just doing what anyone else would do. Fabregas would ensure him the treble, making his CV even better.
Hmm, not. He's doing what he think it's best for FCB, I have no doubts about that. He's not like moaninho, or thinking about his "CV" for when he leaves. And in what universe does fabregas ensure a treble? Because I'm certain he doesn't in this one.

LaMessiah

But short term planning like this is not always the right option. In this case, it would be very bad for not only Thiago but also rest of the youth academy players.

How can you see buying a top-class, 24-year-old midfielder as 'short term planning?' It most certainly is a long-term plan with short term benefits

Phatroonaldo

Hmm, not. He's doing what he think it's best for FCB, I have no doubts about that. He's not like moaninho, or thinking about his "CV" for when he leaves. And in what universe does fabregas ensure a treble? Because I'm certain he doesn't in this one.

Since he's a saint for you, there's no point in having further discussion.

Phatroonaldo

How can you see buying a top-class, 24-year-old midfielder as 'short term planning?' It most certainly is a long-term plan with short term benefits

Since it hinders the development of youth players? It's a quick fix, £40m for a player who would push back the development of Thiago, Espinosa and so on. What's the point of having youth academy if some of the most talented players are not given a chance?

If that's not short term planning, then I don't know what is.

Home of Barca Fans