Thiago Translantara

E

estranged

He is indeed a saint, can't imagine what the fuck we will do if he ever leaves:pep:

F

Flavia

Since he's a saint for you, there's no point in having further discussion.

He's not a saint, or without flaws, but after all he's done for this team since he became coach, I trust him.
What you said is all he's done so far is thinking just about him and his personal gains, and that's not true. And again, fabregas won't ensure a treble, or even one single title.
The youth players are promises, Thiago is still just that. He has a long way to go, just like Xavi and Iniesta did.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
thats what you call vested interest.

yeah, but did he work with Montoya? Sergi Roberto? even JDS and Thiago? he's not bringing players through only because he worked with them. he believes in the system of promoting youth. if Jeffren could stay fit for more than five seconds we'd have never signed Afellay, much less sold the kid to Sporting.

the only youngster he failed was Bojan, and you haveta partly blame Bojan for being unable to step up.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I am wondering if pep is the guy we should be trusting to plan the development of thiago seeing that he has at most two seasons left at the club.he has no vested interest in seeing thiago develop over the long term.

then why is he bringing him through? why is he bringing through other youngsters? why did he block Montoya's sale to keep him with the first team? Thiago has played an increasingly large part in first-team affairs in each of Pep's 3 seasons. he's bringing the boy along quite nicely, if you ask me.

Pep may only be here for a couple more years but he's not Mourinho, building a team that can't last beyond his tenure at the club.

Phatroonaldo

He's not a saint, or without flaws, but after all he's done for this team since he became coach, I trust him.
What you said is all he's done so far is thinking just about him and his personal gains, and that's not true. And again, fabregas won't ensure a treble, or even one single title.
The youth players are promises, Thiago is still just that. He has a long way to go, just like Xavi and Iniesta did.

I'll ask a simple question. Why did fabregas become so good? Why's wilshere who i believe has less potential than thiago, looking like a world class player, giving consistent performance week in week out?

LaMessiah

Since it hinders the development of youth players? It's a quick fix, £40m for a player who would push back the development of Thiago, Espinosa and so on. What's the point of having youth academy if some of the most talented players are not given a chance?

If that's not short term planning, then I don't know what is.

Dude, this is complete assumption on your part. You don't know what the singing of Cesc is going to do to the young players... maybe it makes them that much better to have extra competition at the club, maybe it hinders them like you say, but we won't know that until it happens. You're harping on hypotheticals as if they're fact.

jamrock

yeah, but did he work with Montoya? Sergi Roberto? even JDS and Thiago? he's not bringing players through only because he worked with them. he believes in the system of promoting youth. if Jeffren could stay fit for more than five seconds we'd have never signed Afellay, much less sold the kid to Sporting.

the only youngster he failed was Bojan, and you haveta partly blame Bojan for being unable to step up.

He is not really bring through any of those players bar thiago though. his interest is not really in taking a chance to see if thiago will develop into something big in what could be his last season at the club.

Cesc will increase the chance of the club winning this season, but the monetary parts of the deal makes little sense, with the players you mentioned coming up the ranks.

F

Flavia

I'll ask a simple question. Why did fabregas become so good? Why's wilshere who i believe has less potential than thiago, looking like a world class player, giving consistent performance week in week out?

You're assuming Thiago won't get playing time, and I think you're wrong about that. I think he will get plenty, even if Cesc comes.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

why did Iniesta become good? how did Pedro get so good? and Busquets? Piqué?

these are players at Barcelona, btw, not Arsenal.

jamrock

then why is he bringing him through? why is he bringing through other youngsters? why did he block Montoya's sale to keep him with the first team? Thiago has played an increasingly large part in first-team affairs in each of Pep's 3 seasons. he's bringing the boy along quite nicely, if you ask me.

Pep may only be here for a couple more years but he's not Mourinho, building a team that can't last beyond his tenure at the club.

he didn't block montoy's sale, montoya didn't want to leave. he is no jose, thats not where i am going, but he does build a squad to win now, that cannot be denied, its evident in how he tries to bring in a top player every season to keep up the winning mentality and how he gets rid of anyone who isn't up to standard, he doesn't take much time to try and get them sorted.

he is no SAF who tends to sign players with the medium to long term view in mind, because he knows he will be there for years to come. pep knows this isn't the case and is trying to maximize his here an now.

Phatroonaldo

Dude, this is complete assumption on your part. You don't know what the singing of Cesc is going to do to the young players... maybe it makes them that much better to have extra competition at the club, maybe it hinders them like you say, but we won't know that until it happens. You're harping on hypotheticals as if they're fact.

:lol: So saying a 24 year old world class player,a £40m marquee signing will start ahead and lessen the game time of the youngsters is an assumption. Right.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
He is not really bring through any of those players bar thiago though. his interest is not really in taking a chance to see if thiago will develop into something big in what could be his last season at the club.

Cesc will increase the chance of the club winning this season, but the monetary parts of the deal makes little sense, with the players you mentioned coming up the ranks.

he didn't block montoy's sale, montoya didn't want to leave. he is no jose, thats not where i am going, but he does build a squad to win now, that cannot be denied, its evident in how he tries to bring in a top player every season to keep up the winning mentality and how he gets rid of anyone who isn't up to standard, he doesn't take much time to try and get them sorted.

he is no SAF who tends to sign players with the medium to long term view in mind, because he knows he will be there for years to come. pep knows this isn't the case and is trying to maximize his here an now.

Pep plans for both short and long-term. why do you think he likes to have a small squad and call on the cantera when we need holes plugging? yeah he's not quite as long-term as Ferguson, but he's still got a long-term plan in mind.

he started bringing Montoya through last season. the kid would have played more had Tamudo not cynically hacked him down & injured him. he'll see more game time this season. SR is only 19, and Pep singled him out for praise and brought him on in the CL semi-final ffs! his time will come, if not here, then wherever Pep goes next. and JDS, well, he's played a fair bit too. I think he'll be quite a squaddie in the future.

financially we are overpaying for Cesc, yes, but we need a player to fill that 24 gap and enable a perfect transition across generations. Cesc increases our chances of winning this season, and next, and the one after. his presence in the squad alongside Iniesta and Thiago would give us 3 guaranteed top-notch options for the next 4 seasons at least. and 2 guaranteed for the next 8! do you see my point?

we can't put all our eggs in the Thiago basket. even IF he is ready right now to be Mr. Big Game Big Dick Bad Man Better Than Xavi... what if he gets injured? what if he decides he wants to leave the club? what if he gets struck by lightning? we don't wanna haveta do what United are doing, and spunk €40m and €220k a week on a 27 y/o who's probably played his best football, because we didn't plan our transitions right.

LaMessiah

:lol: So saying a 24 year old world class player,a £40m marquee signing will start ahead and lessen the game time of the youngsters is an assumption. Right.

Read your post I quoted again... you didn't say anything about minutes, you said development. It completely is an assumption to think one signing will affect the progression of younger players cuz none of us knows that.

Less minutes, sure, but that doesn't mean it will hurt the players' development... lest you forget the B team is in the segundo division and playing hard minutes every game ther

Phatroonaldo

Read your post I quoted again... you didn't say anything about minutes, you said development. It completely is an assumption to think one signing will affect the progression of younger players cuz none of us knows that.

Less minutes, sure, but that doesn't mean it will hurt the players' development

Not sure if srs.

Less minute = Hurting youngsters development. How can a player progress without game time?

Home of Barca Fans