Thiago Translantara

soarq

Yet, the volume of balls lost might decrease. If you look at Thiago now, who does he remind you the most with his playing style?
No-one really. He's not a kind of copycat of other players. Like for example Aguero who is Romario's secret son. There are bits of Deco, Xavi and Ronaldinho in Thiago's style of playing football.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
No-one really. He's not a kind of copycat of other players. Like for example Aguero who is Romario's secret son. There are bits of Deco, Xavi and Ronaldinho in Thiago's style of playing football.

That was my point exactly.

He is a tidy mixture of all the three.

P

PhilS

2011 Xavi is slower than Xavi 2009?! I don't think so. Till he has stamina to run 11km in a single football match, he will dominate the game as good as he does it now.

It's not like he's now immobile. But I just watched a game from two years ago, and he showed serious speed that is not evident now.

Hatem Ben Arfa

It's not like he's now immobile. But I just watched a game from two years ago, and he showed serious speed that is not evident now.

I thought Xavi showed serious speed and acceleration in the Champoions League final at Wembley which really surprised me given his age.

As for being slow, that was a stick many people beat Zinedine Zidane with when he came out of retirement for for the 2006 World Cup at the age of 34. Now how stupid did those people look when Zidane was clearly the best player at the 2006 World Cup and would have won it had he not had a rush of blood to the head. Also funny thing, Algeria national team rejected Zidane saying he was too slow. How funny is that!

I class Xavi on the same level as the great Zinedine Zidane. You don't need speed to be one of the greatest footballers of all time like Zidane showed.

Barcafan 2304

The guy has the talent and has shown what he is capable of. He will perfect his game with time and experience. Just enjoy talents like him ffs

soarq

Which game did you watch? Preseason, the middle of the season or CL final? Remember Xavi had slow start to this campaign as he had some issues with his calf & Achilles tendons. I think your impression is wrong and you probably don't take into consideration all the circumstances. The sure thing is Xavi had no problem to run 11km a game and dominate it in 2009, and he has no problem to do it nowadays.

zanela

For those who continue to complain Thiago's giveaways,

He is not a thinker like Xavi, he's an instinctive footballer. He derives his greatness from it. These errors 'll be an aspect of his game because of the way his game is structured. He won't give you Xavi perfection but what he'll give you, is moments of gobsmacking brilliance. :)

It all comes with the package, my friends. Sorry if that annoys you. But some of us just appreciate and love the player, regardless.

About Xavi's speed, he doesn't need it. His vision and passing usually do the running for him.

Yugi

tumblr_lqt73dSyOZ1qdxgrdo1_500.jpg

Home of Barca Fans