Thiago Translantara

bryangld27

Xavi is extremely fit even at this age. He's fine as long as he sticks to his play. You know, short passing, small movement. In Spain especially at barca play's not that physical so there's nothing to worry about.

Thiago = Future Xavi?

Last edited:

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Despite all the awesomeness, I noticed that on a few occasions he was still trying to be too fancy and lost the ball. It wasn't even when we were up, it was at 0-0.

Not taking away from his MoM performance, but I really hope he gets rid of that annoying habit...

dalitis8

Banned
Despite all the awesomeness, I noticed that on a few occasions he was still trying to be too fancy and lost the ball. It wasn't even when we were up, it was at 0-0.

Not taking away from his MoM performance, but I really hope he gets rid of that annoying habit...

He is not yet the finished article. But he is sure as hell, talented. You are right to point out those things though.

X

xaviniesta

2011 Xavi is slower than Xavi 2009?! I don't think so. Till he has stamina to run 11km in a single football match, he will dominate the game as good as he does it now.

thats so true. he is like a diesel SUV. every time i check the stats, he his the first (kilometers run) seems pretty unbelivable that he runs more than dani alves or alexis sanchez or pedro actually

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

He's been giving balls away cheaply with the first team with a bit of consistency in the past year...Hasn't hurt the team just yet but then again it wasn't long ago that Busquets was gifting goal scoring chances for the opposition as well

Hopefully, he'll remain focused for longer stretches

E

estranged

I recall him giving away only 1 ball against Villareal during the first half, though it was in a bad part of the pitch and Villareal almost punished us for that, thing is key players like Xavi or Busquets or Thiago who play such a critical role get noticed most when they give balls away since it leaves us so exposed and vulnerable to a counter attack when our opponents find themselves in possession in the middle of the pitch. IMO Thiago will naturally improve this area of his game especially with Pep being around.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
he will always try that dangerous dribble or pass but that is what he is...sure i dont want him to give the ball but i kind of like that about his game

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
he will always try that dangerous dribble or pass but that is what he is...sure i dont want him to give the ball but i kind of like that about his game

The boy has some serious swagger, and he does add a bit of something to our midfield given the fact that he always dares to go for something "unthinkable" or difficult. And like lady Z said, that part of him giving away balls could possibly remain for an overly long time. Yet, the volume of balls lost might decrease. If you look at Thiago now, who does he remind you the most with his playing style?

This all due to the fact that he always will go for something bold, something other players might not even think of trying. He will definitely improve on that as the years pass by, tho, thus reducing the quantity of give aways.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, there's definitely a Ronaldinho swagger to the player

[youtube]HHbcwaDZNyI[/youtube]

Last edited:
M

mitkoa7x

I hope Pep calls Rafinha for a cup game this season, i really wana see him play with his older bro.

Home of Barca Fans