Thiago Translantara

ivan22

what scares me the most is that he can still improve! this is going to be a great season, he'll get plenty of minutes!

genius in the making

zanela

For the Stats lovers:

Thiago made most passes (108 successful out of 120) in the match yesterday. :)

Loved his goal. He went on a run, stopped, saw no one was with him and obviously thought feck it, i'll do it myself:party1:

Nothing to take away from the goal. But the defending was amateur stuff. 5 yellow shirts converge, still failing to block a shot. :lol: No tackle, body block nothing. Just stick your leg out hoping it will do the job. Even that was such a lame effort, esp by the Captain. If they pull that shit in Europe they'll be this season's first recipient of the :facepalm: award.

dalitis8

Banned
For the Stats lovers:

Thiago made most passes (108 successful out of 120) in the match yesterday. :)

Nothing to take away from the goal. But the defending was amateur stuff. 5 yellow shirts converge, still failing to block a shot. :lol: No tackle, body block nothing. Just stick your leg out hoping it will do the job. Even that was such a lame effort, esp by the Captain. If they pull that shit in Europe they'll be this season's first recipient of the :facepalm: award.

Definitely, the defending by the Villarreal players in that 1st goal was terrible, it's as if they all expected the other to do something.

LaMessiah

Loved his goal. He went on a run, stopped, saw no one was with him and obviously thought feck it, i'll do it myself:party1:

Was great to watch how the runs of messi and cesc opened up the space between the central defenders. poor guys didn't know what the fuck to do

P

PhilS

Why should Thiago be compared to Xavi? Xavi was just voted 2nd best player in Europe, above CR7!

Xavi now is different than Xavi of only a couple of years ago. I hate to say it, but he is slower now. Good thing his vision, movement and passing have continued to improve. He's bound to be playing less from here on, he is no longer young.

Again, it's crazy to criticize Xavi, but the fact is, he is not the best shooting midfielder, not the biggest scoring threat.

Thiago is a shooter, a long-range shooter, he's super fast, fine dribbler, covers a lot of ground, has a real eye for both scoring and making the scoring pass. He just had a game where he completed a Xavi-like more than 100 passes, with very few incomplete. We need to appreciate him for what he is.

soarq

2011 Xavi is slower than Xavi 2009?! I don't think so. Till he has stamina to run 11km in a single football match, he will dominate the game as good as he does it now.

Home of Barca Fans