Thiago Translantara

jairzinho

He wasn't impressive or spectacular, but he was good. I don't know why some cules expect the kid to have orgasmic Xavi-like performances. He is still 20, so don't expect him to come out the womb sprinting. He'll keep getting better.

xsever

He did a couple of stupid things that cost us to loose possession, but he was active overall and put in a good performance. Keep it up Thiago.

Yaya

After watching Thiago play on a regular basis I must say people making a fuss about Cesc coming were so wrong. Cesc and Thiago are the future, they are a nice fit and should take over from Xaviesta.

Thiago in Iniesta's role obviously and Cesc in Xavi's. Thiago has more pace and can get past people(like Iniesta) can play a bit wide(like Iniesta) and can't pass/control the game as good as Cesc.(Iniesta compared to Xavi).

He still has a lot to learn but so does Fabregas in Xavi's role. His goalscoring and all ot that is nice but I believe his future role lies in bossing the midfield when Xavi hangs up his boots.

B

barcelonista

He did a couple of stupid things

He should really stop it. He was the only one in the team who was acting like: "Yeah, well, this is some shit opponent so I'll pull some flashy tricks now." His backheel pass into no man's land right at the beginning of the game looked ridiculous. Just looks overconfident at times. He should keep it simple. Just like Xavi. But I think he'll mature in 1 or 2 years.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
This, tougher opposition and we would've paid for it...

Having said that, he didn't look too bad other than those lapses of concentration... I really liked his continuous pressing throughout the whole game...

Agreed...I was rewatching the match and I was going to count the number of foolish passes but decided it was pointless...Thiago was terrific at pressing and tracking back, I'll give him that...Even Gerry Armstrong said during the broadcast that sometimes he tries to show how clever he can be and it often backfires on him by being too cute

He's 20 and he's just now in the middle of the world stage...I suspect his game will get better overall...I think we all can agree this kid has some salivating potential

xsever

With Cesc injured, Thiago's gonna have to step it up and show his worth. With Keita not being creative at all lately, Pep is going to revert to Thiago to cover for Cesc.

Show'em who bosses the midfield with Xavi, Thiago!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Nice work in the buildup for the goal from Thiago...Good comments from Salgado on SKY too, regarding the player...Talked about how even at 4 years of age, he could see the technique in Thiago when he played with Mazinho...Seemed to be certain greatness was waiting for him, both on club & NT level

Home of Barca Fans