Thiago Translantara

Povikas

Brandon
can-you-dig-it_o_GIFSoup.com.gif

coolasif

As Luis Milla said Thiago is more of a Xavi than an Iniesta.Sometimes we need to rest Xavi before a crucial match and play Thiago in his position so that he can adjust his game in the absence of our midfield maestro.Anyways his playing minutes will be reduced by quite a bit when both Cesc and Iniesta will be back.

LaMessiah

As Luis Milla said Thiago is more of a Xavi than an Iniesta.Sometimes we need to rest Xavi before a crucial match and play Thiago in his position so that he can adjust his game in the absence of our midfield maestro.Anyways his playing minutes will be reduced by quite a bit when both Cesc and Iniesta will be back.
doubtful... he started at least two games when both have been healthy. He's going to get plenty of minutes no matter who is or isn't healthy.

B

barcelonista

When Iniesta's back, Xavi will get a lot of rest I think. 3-4-3, midfield diamond of:

----------Cesc----------
Iniesta------------Thiago
--------Busquets--------

With Iniesta injured, Xavi couldn't be benched of course. We'd lose too much quality without both Iniesta AND Xavi. When Iniesta returns though, Thiago will play a lot for Xavi.

LaMessiah

the great part about his game is that he can fill in for either of them while the other is out on the pitch with him. before without xavi and just iniesta our possession game would suffer and w/o iniesta our ability to beat the other team one-on-one would suffer. now if one of them is out, thiago comes in and can do a little of both.

i was really hoping for a start to the season where all four of cesc, thiago, xavi and iniesta would be able to rotate in and out to stay fresh but that idea is fuckt so far. xavi is already playing tons of minutes

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Hate to be a bit negative, but after a stunning first 20 minutes, he cancelled it out with a rather poor effort the rest of the game imo. He once again gave away many silly passes and lost possession quite often. His continuous pressing kinda makes up for it though. Expecting more from the first 20 minute stuff in the future though, that pass with the outside of the foot was... *bites lip*

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Mazinho: "Barca has the best midfield in the world and Thiago is very happy to be playing here. He will stay in Barcelona for many years."

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I like his comments from today but, honestly, he talks too much. And I don't like when he mentions pep in a condescending tone.

P

PhilS

When Iniesta's back, Xavi will get a lot of rest I think. 3-4-3, midfield diamond of:

----------Cesc----------
Iniesta------------Thiago
--------Busquets--------

I think the keys to the 3-4-3 are Thiago and Cesc. Thiago is not as good yet in the 4-3-3.

It's a long year, there will be more injuries among Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc and Thiago, which should allow them all to play enough.

Home of Barca Fans