Thiago Translantara

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i sort of wish the whole cesc thing was not going to happen... but who knows we may end up needing him badly

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
i sort of wish the whole cesc thing was not going to happen... but who knows we may end up needing him badly

Pep - "Sergio Busquets played spectacularly well"

Come on man, that's his best position. And he more or less delivered all the time when played there. Give him some time and Pep himself might start to think again about Cesc, let alone needing him badly. Of course Racing was an easy game, let's wait for the Stuttgart one.

On another note, didn't I say Iniesta and Busi are gonna send signals during Xavi's absence not to buy Cesc!? In fact Thiago also contributed for the cause :p

jamrock

Yep its like the football god's have given us replacements for Xavi and Iniesta for the next decade if not more in the shape of

JDS & Rafa
Roberto & Thiago.

Who needs Cesc.

Would love for one of them to make the required number of appearances in order to get a medal if we win the league, and they will in one season, have won what cesc has been trying to win for 5 years now.

B

beautifulgame

Why was Pep upset with the celebration? I thought it showed great comradery.

barca96

this is really special
we are going to have 2 buddies running the midfield the next decade in jds and thiago with roberto behind them.
hmm is pep angry because he doesn't want thiago and jds to be close because he is going to drop one of them and let them go?

jamrock

Why was Pep upset with the celebration? I thought it showed great comradery.

as did i, it seems from this and the little youtube clip that he and JDS get along every well, that is something good, at least they aren't viewing their progress to the 1st team as some sort of competition between each other.

Guardiola also praised the contribution of several of his players like Busquets, who “has played spectacularly well”, in a match that ended with nine homegrown players on the pitch. Among them was young starlet Thiago Alcantara, who scored his first ever goal with the first team, but Pep claims he did not like his way of celebration with a special dedication to Jonathan: “These things cannot be done at his age. When he is 30 years, yes, not now. He must embrace his teammates and continue with his work, helping the team.”

“Thiago is bold, he will have to keep his feet on the floor though. But he is one wonderful player, very good at one on one’s, sometimes he does things that make you say ‘ufff!’, he has something special. Jonathan is very aggressive and neat, can play very well. They should continue improving with the reserves under Luis Enrique for now and soon they will be helping the first team, I have a lot of confidence in both of them.” Pep concluded.

iced1776

JDS + Thaigo is the Xavi+Iniesta of the future. Personally, I think its fuckin awesome that the two celebrated together today and I can't imagine Pep having a problem with it.

Hellsangel

I think Pep is right. Thiago should have thanked his teammates that were actually on the pitch (Messi!) for his goal. He has to reamin humble because that's what our philosofy is all about.

btw: no doubt that he is a great player. I like his running at defenders!!

Eetu

Adormit
To be honest, I was quite surprised that he didn't celebrate the goal with Messi. Once he started to point somewhere and run there, I thought he was to thank Leo for the pass. Thus I feel what Pep said is right. It wasn't yet his to dedicate, as he hasn't shared enough credit/love/etc. around to claim a goal once in a while his own.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
It goes against the Guardiola team ethic, Thiago hasn't earnt the right to dedicate goals, his duty is to thank his team mates for giving him the goal and then as Pep said "get on with his job". I'd imagine that Pep isn't really too angry and in reality he's just trying to keep Thiago's feet on the ground.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He could have done it privately though. On the other hand maybe he wanted to get the message across to other youngsters.

Home of Barca Fans