Thiago Translantara

karthik

All the poor boy did was run towards his best friend and share his happiness with him :)

Well, however if the Mister doesnt like it, thiago should correct himself. We want to see more of him, and with wrong attitude im afraid we wont :(

F

FCB_Titi_LB

To be honest, I was quite surprised that he didn't celebrate the goal with Messi. Once he started to point somewhere and run there, I thought he was to thank Leo for the pass. Thus I feel what Pep said is right. It wasn't yet his to dedicate, as he hasn't shared enough credit/love/etc. around to claim a goal once in a while his own.
+1
it was a slap in messis face ..the boy keeps giving but doesnt get anything in return

V

Valon

I doubt Messi cared tbh... Pep is just trying to keep his feet in the ground.

BlaugranaGirl

as did i, it seems from this and the little youtube clip that he and JDS get along every well, that is something good, at least they aren't viewing their progress to the 1st team as some sort of competition between each other.
Yep. Pedro and Jeffren are also close friends and share a flat together. It's nice to see a bond between the young 'uns.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I rather have a player celebrating his goal with someone on the bench than alone on the pitch. Thiago jumped right into Maxwell's arms and then celebrated first with the group, then to JDS.

Nothing serious of course, just a small reminder. Like Pedro and Tenerife.
I would even say it was a bet between JDS and Thiago who would score first for the first team in the league.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Well, it's a bit unfair to judge him for that... While I agree he should have thanked Messi, it's his first goal in Primera... I'd be going crazy and probably wouldn't have thanked anyone either...

Co0ter

I think people are blowing it way out of proportion...the kid is what, 18? He scores his first goal, jumps on Maxwell cuz he's absolutely going ape shit, celebrates with the team then runs over to his best friend on the bench. What is so wrong with that? I love Messi, he's my favorite player in the world right now, but he's no "god" to worship. Messi has always been very humble and I'm sure didn't care; if you watch the footage he actually turned around and started jogging back right away instead of celebrating. IMO he was a little frustrated he couldn't score and wasn't really in the mood since he was resting for the CL.

FYI- Messi has gotten a lot of opportunities from other players, especially from Zlatan. It just looks like he has to do it himself sometimes- and thats only b/c he's good enough that he can :)

Eetu

Adormit
I think people are blowing it way out of proportion...

I think it's just a simple case of Pep feeling the need to say something, that did seem a bit odd at first, and us trying to make sense of it.

heard thiago has been dropped for the CL match.
if it's true. that would be extremely harsh on the kid

I suppose Pep already knew about Xavi, and thus played Thiago, since he wasn't to travel.

Also, Thiago's father has come out and made a comment about there being other offers, but renewing with Barça being what they want.

Home of Barca Fans