Thiago Translantara

B

barcelonista

For a 20 year old, he's absolutely amazing. All hail La Masia (and Mazinho's wonder sperm).

Messi10

This kid is amazing ! The header ! The pass to messi for the pen!

When thiago reaches 24 he become the best midfielder in the world

Such a talent ! Just wow

SeloBarca

This kid is amazing ! The header ! The pass to messi for the pen!

When thiago reaches 24 he become the best midfielder in the world

Such a talent ! Just wow

dont exagerate :p he still have to fight for that spot with Iniesta (if Xavi has quit)

LaMessiah

straight bossing shit this year... never would have thought he would play such a major role this early. anyone else wish he would play the dm when keita subs busquets? i love keita but damn our passing game suffers when he's in the dm

zanela

I could only manage the sec half. So i hope someone can make a vid highlight of his performance.

This i say from my sec half viewing..Apart from few of his characteristic giveaways, I liked his movement and how he spread our play and kept looking to receive the ball. He makes clever runs in to the box, which was evident last season as well, don't think its exploited enough. If only that header had found the net, talking of which i think he shows a more than decent ability in the air, for his size. I've to admit he does remind me of a certain Man Utd midfielder (Meta has touched upon this earlier) minus the brazilian flair. Add his versatility and you can see y there was interest from their side.

But he's here, he's with us. He can play every god damn position in midfield and upfront and he executes them all with utmost finesse and style.

Thiago Alcântara, The Complete Midfielder. :)

But whatever be the consensus, I want to see him in the AM role more often. That is the position i think 'll best utilise his talents. The dynamism, audacious trickery and skills on the ball, long-range shooting, but also lowering the risk of oppn counters arising from his giveaways.
I want to see him take on players and be adventurous. So that we can all enjoy him more.

@ LaMessiah,

I understand what you're saying. But i refuse to see my boy having to always sacrifice in the team's interest. :D
But seriously, the pivot calls for sound positioning sense, which comes with experience. While Thiago has done well at DM, he's still learning. Unless the situation demands, I would like to see him in a creative capacity, till he's more consistent.

Home of Barca Fans