Thiago Translantara

BerkeleyBernie

Loved him today. He's just so crisp, truly better at releasing the ball than more deliberate Barça players. And love his confidence and calm. When he chased that ball down to set up the first goal, he collected it and then faced off his 1v1 cold as ice. No jitters- you know the defender had to feel as wary of him as Messi (if anything, Messi is more predictable).

Chainsaw

Killahead
He looked very good...but he didn't look too happy when he was subbed off, even for his buddy

I don't think he was upset with his sub. He doesn't have a happy face afterall. And he had a knock on his nose too. Getting subbed in the last minute is no reason to be upset.

F

Frejsgodes

He stepped up for sure. Good to know we have someone like him when Iniesta are not available.

B

barcelonista

Match after match I must say: He impresses me more than Cesc.

There, I said it.

JustAnotherCulé

Match after match I must say: He impresses me more than Cesc.

There, I said it.
I think he's proving to be more consistent than even his biggest supporters expected him to be. I mean, how often does he have a poor match? And tonight he showed he can do it against quality opposition too. Great talent.

Y

Youngie

As for Thiago - what a talent!

The complete mid at 20 years old.

Although I prefer Fabregas.

zanela

I think he's proving to be more consistent than even his biggest supporters expected him to be. I mean, how often does he have a poor match? And tonight he showed he can do it against quality opposition too. Great talent.

Before this match, he's already put in great performances against the likes of City, Milan, Man Utd and Bayern. Although they were friendlies, he's shown he can do it whatever the opposition. It's only the sceptics/ doubters who are now beginning to take notice and acknowledge his talents. For some of us, we knew already what to expect from the boy.

I thought he had a productive first half. From being involved in the build-up for the first goal, setting up Cesc in the box, keeping possession and always giving his teammates an option to receive the ball. He was relatively quiter in the sec half and didn't initiate as much as i would've liked (must've been instructed at HT). His clever movement around the box found him totally unmarked in a decent goal-scoring position but Messi decided to overdribble and lose possession that one time. His delivery of that freekick was sweet. His giveaways have also reduced, which is great. :D

And i agree with BarcaGirl. ;)

Home of Barca Fans