Thiago Translantara

M

mitkoa7x

Not up to the level of this team. But still darn good.

tumblr_lvwzfvId4S1qb95al.gif

zanela

When i've seen him play wide, he tends to not commit or take on players, and always looks for the safer option. A bit too stationary for my liking. He certainly has the skills/dribbles to come at defenders and drag them out, shoot or put in a nice ball. But so far (bar Milan), his performances from wide have been lacklustre. Still a better WF than Cesc.

A more adventurous Thiago please!

P

PhilS

Probably shouldn't be played on the wing does not seem his best position not a bad game just not one of his best.

I hope that this game ends Thiago's career as a forward, especially on the wing. Move some other midfielder further upfield, Thiago has to play in midfield. I'd rather see him tried as FB than as forward.

B

barcelonista

Everyone looks shit playing on the wings for Barcelona. How many times have we seen Iniesta being completely wasted out wide? I stopped counting. Obviously Thiago won't shine on the wings if not even Iniesta can. Although Thiago wasn't bad at all. He just didn't shine since Alves decided to put on a MOTM worthy show on the other side of the pitch.

B

barcelonista

Pep's earning something around € 10 million a year I reckon. Easy to dismiss something worth around € 30k. Great attitude and symbolic gesture nonetheless.

poltergeist

When i've seen him play wide, he tends to not commit or take on players, and always looks for the safer option. A bit too stationary for my liking. He certainly has the skills/dribbles to come at defenders and drag them out, shoot or put in a nice ball. But so far (bar Milan), his performances from wide have been lacklustre. Still a better WF than Cesc.

A more adventurous Thiago please!

You're spot on! Thiago is wasted as a winger.

The Santos RB, Danilo, before he was subbed, was giving Thiago a lot of space. He was very free down that left hand side but he didn't attack that space he was given enough.

He likes to drift in and come to the middle rather than beat his man and make a run down that channel and make a delivery.

If we had played Pedro, Cuenca, Adriano, Sanchez down the left vs Santos, it would've been a total annihilation.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans