Thiago Translantara

B

barcelonista

He was quiet in my book. Haven't seen much of him. He looks like he's holding back from going forward. Xavi, Fabregas, Alves, Messi, those 4 I could see for 85 % of the game. With Xavi pulling the strings in midfield, he looked a bit lost IMO. I mean. He didn't make anything wrong. But he didn't shine either. He was just ... there.

LaMessiah

quiet is good, quiet is reliable.. if it does not work, you can always hit him with it.

i think out off all the guys mentioned in attack, thiago is the most likely to throw in a tackle and win the ball back and he's pretty good in the defensive third and in the air. with iniesta, xavi, cesc being able to attack and control the flow thiago can be used as a midfield enforcer almost. winning balls, starting the break, making sure the defense has enough help to move the ball from back to front. his game is pretty amazing considering how well he can function as a defending player and an attacking player; he hardly puts a foot wrong and at 20 the fucking sky is the limit.

ivan22

like a bauss!

THIAGO-2-NIKE.jpg

Thiago-for-NIKE.jpg

Maria

He is our most complete midfielder and I believe he could be better than Cesc..it remains to be seen if he will a better CM than an AM.

zanela

People used to bring up the consistency factor when he was prone to giveaways in dangerous positions. But he's really matured his game the last one year. He's cut down the errors, keeps it simple and retains the ball better, his smart movement (staying back and joining attack when required) and work -rate off ball has allowed the senior players to focus more on the attacking third of the pitch. He definitely looks like he's restraining himself, that could either be tactical instructions from Pep, or he's being cautious for fear of upsetting the possession play and the big boys as a consequence. Either way, it 'll help instill discipline and patience to his game. Just because he's not scoring like a certain midfield impostor despite poor general play, or not threading through balls every now and then don't mean he's inconsistent.

Home of Barca Fans