Thiago Translantara

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
This Cesc-Thiago battle should stop, btw. Both are needed, both are good players. Cesc is a bit ahead, because he's a more mature player (because he's older).

B

barcelonista

I thought I didn't need to point out the fact that Fabregas played 150 minutes more than Thiago because it was too obvious. But yes, he's slightly ahead of Thiago. Congrats. Combined with a passing accuracy that is worse than the following Barcelona players: Thiago, Keita, Xavi, Busquets, Abidal, Mascherano, Pedro, Iniesta, Puyol, Tello, (Maxwell), Pique and Adriano.

:cesc: :worthy:

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I don't get the need some fans have to put a player over other here. Cesc and Thiago coexist very nicely, and we should be thankful to have 2 awesome young players.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
I thought I didn't need to point out the fact that Fabregas played 150 minutes more than Thiago because it was too obvious. But yes, he's slightly ahead of Thiago. Congrats. :cesc: :worthy:
And it really shouldn't need to be pointed out how much more of an advanced role he's had.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I don't get the need some fans have to put a player over other here. Cesc and Thiago coexist very nicely, and we should be thankful to have 2 awesome young players.

i agree 100%. i like thiago and i think he's a good player. but when his fanboys put cesc down unfairly they should be able to take it back.

Maria

and how many are through passes? very few probably. just because its final third doesnt mean he is passing forward (he is passing side to side and leting someone else who actually has balls make a shot or through pass)

Accurate crosses
Cesc 4/19
Thiago 6/18

Long balls
Cesc 42/50
Thiago 60/68

Accurate through balls
Cesc 12/37
Thiago 6/13

Average passes per game
Cesc 67.1
Thiago 70.6

Passing accuracy
Cesc 86.5%
Thiago 93.3%

Goals
Cesc 9
Thiago 1

Assists
Cesc 5
Thiago 3

Like you can see I put all the flattering/non-flatering stats for both of them..and while I believe there can't really be a comparison between these 2(maybe only in games like these, where both Xavi and Iniesta are missing) because of so manny factors, it doesn't seem fair to me to atack Thiago after a game where he shined without Busi, Xavi or Iniesta next to him. He is only 20 years old and he is still learning and as far as I know we are Barca fans, not Cesc fanboys, so we are permitted to praise a player and critique another after one game.

And the irony of it is this
i agree 100%. i like thiago and i think he's a good player. but when his fanboys put cesc down unfairly they should be able to take it back.
when you are in Thiago's thread and you are doing the same thing:put him down unfairly.

There have been some problems with Cesc but perhaps none of them are as cancerous as the Cesc fanboys that plague this forum since his arrival.

This..Seems like Ibra all over again..and it's sad.

Home of Barca Fans