Thiago Translantara

Bionicman

Talented but inconsistent. This game, he had several great individual moments, but he also disappeared for long stretches. I don't know what his 'best' position is, but I prefer to have him as the advanced midfielder, where his ability to make spectacular passes is most valuable and his tendency to drift out of games is least harmful.

And by the way: Thiago, Cesc, Iniesta, Busquets, and some of the cantera players have the physical attributes to replace Xavi; it's the ability to read the game that separates him. I'd say Busquets comes closest.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Mask what?! Pass succession rate so far in La Liga:

Thiago Alcantara: 1120 / 1200, 93.3 %
Francesc Fabregas: 928 / 1073, 86.5 %

What are you talking about?

making square passes all the time is obviously going to make things look better than they actually are. his vertical play is definelty not 90% plus.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
His passing in the final third is over 88% and the best in La Liga. :D

#justsayin

and how many are through passes? very few probably. just because its final third doesnt mean he is passing forward (he is passing side to side and leting someone else who actually has balls make a shot or through pass)

M

mitkoa7x

making square passes all the time is obviously going to make things look better than they actually are. his vertical play is definelty not 90& plus.

Well in barca those "square passes" are very important, Cesc looks to move forward with every pass and that costs us the ball most of the time. We need the ball to play our game and he is basically committing suicide every time he tries some risky passes. He doesnt have Xavi's feeling of when to pass it and when to keep it and Thiago has that, well not on a Xavi level but definitely better than Cesc.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
and how many are through passes? very few probably. just because its final third doesnt mean he is passing forward (he is passing side to side and leting someone else who actually has balls make a shot or through pass)
That's a very long way of saying "yes, I am a Cesc fanboy".

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
someone's run out of arguments.
I wasn't aware you offered anything to respond to.

You said his passing was bad when in fact he's statistically the most accurate passer in Europe. You said it was all sideways and meaningless when in fact he's still the best around in advanced/dangerous areas.

You then meandered to a point offering nothing based in fact but rather based in conjecture because you're a Cesc fanboi.

So there you go.

Yugi

that does xavi too, whats your point
ah I get it, you are Cesc´s asslicker

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Good game today, our fourth or fifth best player and our best midfielder of the night. Needs to improve his finishing, but the passing and the dribbling skills are already there :D

B

beautifulgame

I wasn't aware you offered anything to respond to.

You said his passing was bad when in fact he's statistically the most accurate passer in Europe. You said it was all sideways and meaningless when in fact he's still the best around in advanced/dangerous areas.

You then meandered to a point offering nothing based in fact but rather based in conjecture because you're a Cesc fanboi.

So there you go.

X2

B

barcelonista

making square passes all the time is obviously going to make things look better than they actually are. his vertical play is definelty not 90% plus.

Total key passes this season in La Liga:

Thiago: 17
Fabregas: 21
Xavi: 46

:lol:

Home of Barca Fans