Thiago Translantara

P

PhilS

It's going to be tough for Thiago when he returns from injury. Fab is getting closer and closer to cementing his spot in the starting XI, and if both Iniesta and Xavi keeps healthy, minutes will be hard to come by for Thiago. Anyhow, we'll be able to keep up a real healhty level of rotation, so I suppose it's good for the team as a whole. I can't help but worry a bit that Thiago won't see the minutes needed for him to evolve into a world beater though.

3-4-3 will get him on the field later this year. This formation works well for Barca against about half of the opponents.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
It's going to be tough for Thiago when he returns from injury. Fab is getting closer and closer to cementing his spot in the starting XI, and if both Iniesta and Xavi keeps healthy, minutes will be hard to come by for Thiago. Anyhow, we'll be able to keep up a real healhty level of rotation, so I suppose it's good for the team as a whole. I can't help but worry a bit that Thiago won't see the minutes needed for him to evolve into a world beater though.

We have 4 AMs/CMs for 2 spots (sometimes 3 if we play 3-4-3), so don't worry about Thiago getting minutes. As long as he keeps his head cool and keeps improvong. We might also see Iniesta on LW or Cesc as false 9 sometime, so there's even more chances right there for Thiago.

Trickykid

3-4-3 will get him on the field later this year. This formation works well for Barca against about half of the opponents.
Considering how fast Tito switched back to 4-3-3 against Celta, I wouldn't be so sure about him playing much 3-4-3 though.

Trickykid

We have 4 AMs/CMs for 2 spots (sometimes 3 if we play 3-4-3), so don't worry about Thiago getting minutes. As long as he keeps his head cool and keeps improvong. We might also see Iniesta on LW or Cesc as false 9 sometime, so there's even more chances right there for Thiago.

It's true he will most likely get into the rotation with the other midfielders, but is that really enough for a 21 year old? I still can't see how he can squeeze his way into the regular starting XI within the next 2-3 years with the players we have at our disposal. Perhaps I'm overestimating the value of regular play time for young players like him, and perhaps learning from the best midfielders in the world while playing a lesser role in the team will be enough for him evolve into what most of us hope he will, but I'm honestly really not sure about that.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Trained on the pitch for the first time today, seen him sprinting, I'd say another 2 weeks and he should be able to play a game.

Der Kaiser

It will be interesting to see whose playing time gets cut when he comes back. I think Cesc is still the one fighting with Thiago over minutes.

M

mitkoa7x

Trained on the pitch for the first time today, seen him sprinting, I'd say another 2 weeks and he should be able to play a game.

Barcastuff reported 3 months I believe. Hope your estimation proves right.

M

mitkoa7x

You do the math!

i3Jm6.gif

Home of Barca Fans